You can hate the coaches

Honestly, I really don't think any of these guys are without passion or intensity - the problem is that Businessman Bill has taught them the businessman's manners, the businessman's work ethic, and the businessman's game plan.

Hey, coach - If you want to get guys fired up, show a little fire yourself - it's contagious, like defeatism. The Mr. Spock inspired passion for football has got to go - hint, see Bo Pelini, Alamo Bowl...

For those of you not supporting the players, you need to remember that on Saturday their duty is to repeat what they've been taught all week - if they haven't been taught to tackle, they won't. If they haven't been taught fire and passion, they won't have it Saturday...

Even though I want Businessman Bill & Co. gone as much as the rest of you, I cannot bring myself to bash the players or hope for them to lose. I think we have an excellent group of players that haven't been blessed with the same for coaches. I'm sure they're doing everything their taught...

Honestly, I really don't think any of these guys are without passion or intensity - the problem is that Businessman Bill has taught them the businessman's manners, the businessman's work ethic, and the businessman's game plan.

Hey, coach - If you want to get guys fired up, show a little fire yourself - it's contagious, like defeatism. The Mr. Spock inspired passion for football has got to go - hint, see Bo Pelini, Alamo Bowl...

For those of you not supporting the players, you need to remember that on Saturday their duty is to repeat what they've been taught all week - if they haven't been taught to tackle, they won't. If they haven't been taught fire and passion, they won't have it Saturday...

Even though I want Businessman Bill & Co. gone as much as the rest of you, I cannot bring myself to bash the players or hope for them to lose. I think we have an excellent group of players that haven't been blessed with the same for coaches. I'm sure they're doing everything their taught...

Just remember that TO was not a firey coach most of the time. He made a science out of when and how much to get the players up for a game. I'm just saying.......

Just remember that TO was not a firey coach most of the time. He made a science out of when and how much to get the players up for a game. I'm just saying.......

I agree with you 100% - he didn't NEED to show fire - the players had it in them right from day 1 because they were part of TRADITION. Far too many of the current group haven't watched NU since they were kids, haven't dreamed of running out that tunnel...they're here for a shot at the NFL. Period. Not all, but far too many. In addition, someone else mentioned the walk-on program - in past years the starters played their butts off because they knew that for every starter there were 10 guys NOT on scholarship trying to get that one chance...

I think it's important to distinguish between making baseless negative statements about players (which I think is bad), and valid criticism regarding poor play on the field. These guys are college students, but that doesn't mean they are above being criticized for not giving their all. We can't worship the ground they walk on when they do well, and all smile and chant GBR when they play without heart like they did against Ok. State. Losing doesn't bother me, but not giving 100% like I saw yesterday should not go on without criticism.