Sam Keller - average at best

jb61264

I have been saying all along that it is a mistake bringing in a kid for one year. We are going to be without a QB with any experience next year, and no matter what the intent, that is wrong. BC is not only throwing this year down the toilet, he is throwing next season down also. IF TO is hell bent on not making change until next year, he is as guilty as BC when it comes to answering for why we don't have a QB with any experience next year...not the new coaching staff.

This season is pretty much done...there is nobody that this team could beat this year remaining on their schedule. It is time to clean house, and start getting the younger kids ready to play NEXT season.

Sorry, but I trust TO's decision on what's best over yours.

Okay..do you have the answer for why we are going to have no qb's with experience next year? TO is not god...and those of you that think he has all the answers are full of it. TO was a good coach, that don't make him a good AD necessarily. He can be criticized just like anyone else.

It is a mistake to think that one person has all the answers...and if you want to think that way, then you are in for a long long dry stretch, my friend.

I don't see how BC bringing in a kid LAST YEAR has anything to do with TO. Putting the blame on TO for having Keller is just silly.

I am not saying that TO has all of the answers, but I agree, he has a lot of knowledge and had a good AD running the program when he was coach so he may have some wisdom. Could BC put Ganz in, yes, but that is not TO's call....he is the AD.

It don't...UNLESS he makes some changes and starts giving some of the younger players a chance to get experience....then he will be culpable.

Like I said, this season has become a failure...there is no rescue for it. It is time to look to the future.

I sure am glad you're not in charge.

At this point...Barney could be doing what BC has done. I am glad I am not in charge too, I think this has become a problem bigger than any one man can fix....including TO. I respect the man for risking his reputation, but those people out there that think he is going to miraculously turn everything around overnight...they will be disappointed. This is going to be a project that takes more than even the next season to fix. And we will probably have a new AD before we see any of the success that we have in the past.

This isn't only a coaching staff problem....it involves the players too. And the cut in the number of scholarships has made it tough on all the powers in football....as seen in all the upsets that has taken place so far this year.

We may never know what it is to have back to back championships again...unless there are changes in the NCAA...and I don't see those happening ever. We have to live with what we have, but we have to influence what we can. By playing some of the younger players, we can influence their level of play in the coming years. Your right, this isn't TO's decision....but I bet he can sure influence it.

It's not his job to influence coaching decisions like that.

I have been saying all along that it is a mistake bringing in a kid for one year. We are going to be without a QB with any experience next year, and no matter what the intent, that is wrong. BC is not only throwing this year down the toilet, he is throwing next season down also. IF TO is hell bent on not making change until next year, he is as guilty as BC when it comes to answering for why we don't have a QB with any experience next year...not the new coaching staff.

This season is pretty much done...there is nobody that this team could beat this year remaining on their schedule. It is time to clean house, and start getting the younger kids ready to play NEXT season.

About time someone does something other than sit back and watch while this program self-destructs. Even if it means getting rid of a few coaches. That is his job....these coaches have become ineffective and it is time for them to go...the season is OVER.

Okay..do you have the answer for why we are going to have no qb's with experience next year? TO is not god...and those of you that think he has all the answers are full of it. TO was a good coach, that don't make him a good AD necessarily. He can be criticized just like anyone else.

It is a mistake to think that one person has all the answers...and if you want to think that way, then you are in for a long long dry stretch, my friend.

I don't see how BC bringing in a kid LAST YEAR has anything to do with TO. Putting the blame on TO for having Keller is just silly.

I am not saying that TO has all of the answers, but I agree, he has a lot of knowledge and had a good AD running the program when he was coach so he may have some wisdom. Could BC put Ganz in, yes, but that is not TO's call....he is the AD.

It don't...UNLESS he makes some changes and starts giving some of the younger players a chance to get experience....then he will be culpable.

Like I said, this season has become a failure...there is no rescue for it. It is time to look to the future.

I sure am glad you're not in charge.

At this point...Barney could be doing what BC has done. I am glad I am not in charge too, I think this has become a problem bigger than any one man can fix....including TO. I respect the man for risking his reputation, but those people out there that think he is going to miraculously turn everything around overnight...they will be disappointed. This is going to be a project that takes more than even the next season to fix. And we will probably have a new AD before we see any of the success that we have in the past.

This isn't only a coaching staff problem....it involves the players too. And the cut in the number of scholarships has made it tough on all the powers in football....as seen in all the upsets that has taken place so far this year.

We may never know what it is to have back to back championships again...unless there are changes in the NCAA...and I don't see those happening ever. We have to live with what we have, but we have to influence what we can. By playing some of the younger players, we can influence their level of play in the coming years. Your right, this isn't TO's decision....but I bet he can sure influence it.

It's not his job to influence coaching decisions like that.

Anyone else appreciate Taylor's knowledge of the offense and command much more now?

Taylor!

:worship:worship:worship

Yet I don't think he'd be able to make the receivers get open.

Yeah, Taylor was ridiculously slow too, but at least he knew when to pull it down and scramble. I don't think that enters Keller's mind.

To be quite honest I don't think that we should start this guy at all. What has he done with this offense in the past four weeks. I think Ganz has more heart into this offense than Keller and I believe that Ganz could turn things around. Hell Zac Taylor was by far a better QB than Sam Keller.

To be quite honest I don't think that we should start this guy at all. What has he done with this offense in the past four weeks. I think Ganz has more heart into this offense than Keller and I believe that Ganz could turn things around. Hell Zac Taylor was by far a better QB than Sam Keller.

I agree with that wholeheartly. Should've started Ganz and forgot about keller. I mean keller had to sit out an entire season for the transfer. Since keller can't scramble we are screwed if he doesn't get rid of the ball. Ganz should've been the starter from game 1 period.

I agree with that wholeheartly. Should've started Ganz and forgot about keller. I mean keller had to sit out an entire season for the transfer. Since keller can't scramble we are screwed if he doesn't get rid of the ball. Ganz should've been the starter from game 1 period.

Not trying to flame...but hindsight is 20/20.

I can't really say that Ganz would do a better job...hence the hindsight adage.

Not trying to flame...but hindsight is 20/20.

I can't really say that Ganz would do a better job...hence the hindsight adage.

Keller should've have never started to begin with. Ganz should've gotten first crack since he did have some playing time last season although not much.

And you propose playing Ganz or Lee the rest of the season?

Well if Ganz or Lee can scramble then that will start opening the offense some and the defense just can't sit back since we would have a mobile qb.

How to approach this? With all the talk of Sam Keller and Corey McKeon's late night comments, I went back and did some digging.

During the pre-season, I used all my sophisticated research channels to learn more about Sam Keller (espn, google, yahoo, hearsay, etc.). I wanted some damn video...to no avail.

I read about the notorious meeting regarding the Arizona State QB controversy many times, always believing that he would take us to the promise-land. I figured that all the negative comments by the ASU players, coaches, and fans were made in haste.

I always told myself that he's a young, college-aged kid...I'll give him some leeway, regarding his "extra-curricular "activities.

After the alleged comments by Sam concerning TO and Nebraska fans, this article seems quite relevant.

I still truly admire Keller and his drive and I certainly do not question why he came to Nebraska (why wouldn't they all? :dunno )...but I'm starting to wonder if his transfer here wasn't indicative of a bigger problem.

I know that Sam Keller (our QB play) is certainly not the only problem at NU. If nothing else, this is good discussion material.

Please read this article...and be SURE to read the comments on the article...in hindsight, rather interesting.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/27/...tails-revealed/

:restore