Despite the rumors

HSKRNOKC

I dont think that there will be any more change until season end no matter how badly we play.

Weather it due to contracts, money , politics, whatever. If they were going to can Calli they would have done it.

Its a shame that it seems the whole program has been put on hold so to speak.

I agree....but I would like to see a change sooner. I think letting Callahan (and others) go before the end of the season would be a win/win situation. If we do better without Callahan, it would look better to recruits and to fans. If we do poorly (as in like we have been playing) it can be chalked up to an already downward spiral.

I can't help but think that there will be changes before the end of the season. If not, why fire SP and bring in Oz when they did. They really could have waited until the end of the season to fire both. They knew the SP firing would be a distraction to the team. I say go ahead and pull the trigger and get rid of the cancer.

Because football is not the only reason Pederson was fired. There is more to NU athletics than football.

I heard from Shawn Watsons assistant that he is lobbying for Gary Barnett in some capacity.

Watson has an assistant? Who is it?

He is pushing for Barnett to do what? Don't you think he has an outside chance to do something here on the next staff if not have an outside chance at the HC job? If he get Barnett involved what is his role in the next staff? OC like he is already?

He is not trying to get Barnett in here in anyway!

If you have proof otherwise then share it for all of us to see.

I can't help but think that there will be changes before the end of the season. If not, why fire SP and bring in Oz when they did. They really could have waited until the end of the season to fire both. They knew the SP firing would be a distraction to the team. I say go ahead and pull the trigger and get rid of the cancer.

One thing hiring Osborne did is keep the sellout streak alive. It bought that much hope and goodwill.

That was big, and, as Osborne said the day he was hired, football is the financial driver of the athletic department.

TO said that no change would be made until the season is over...it is OVER!! There is no team that we play this season remaining on the schedule that we can beat.

Since the season is OVER, please feel free TO to make change.

TO probably gave Callahan his word he would be evaluated at the end of the season, and I can't really recall a time that I've heard that he's went back on his word.

Remember folks...and someone just said it. There is way more to Peterson's firing than just a lackluster football season. Yes the football program is the foundation of the athletic department budget, but there is WAY WAY more to being an AD besides a football program. There are almost 20 different sports at NU that the AD is responsible for in some manner or another. Read the facts and the papers. There were issues with Peterson long before this football season started.

It would be a no win situation firing coaches mid season. They are sill going to have their defense, still going to have their playbook. Sure you can water things down and such but they are not going to install a completely new system or way of life with a few games left.

I don't get too involved in analyzing things because I am not on the field, I don't coach sports or ever have. Non of us sit and have access to playbooks and game film and break it all down and know exactly what is happening....well, some may but I wouldn't know. There is an easy formula as to what the problems are. And this goes across the board for any sport, or workplace, or whatever

1. Your personnel are not talented enough to get the job done mentally or physically or a combination of both

2. The leadership is not talented enough to make the correct decisions and proper choices and training of the personnel

3. The scheme and way the operation is run is not effective and not utilizing resources and talent in the most effective way

That to me is the most basic of questions for any sports team, company, business, etc. Pretty simple and straight to the point. Has nothing to do with not calling the right defense on 4th and 2 in this particular game....or whatever you want to say. So maybe everyone on here can weight in on what area is lacking the most. I certainly want to say that it is not the personnel. I don't pay attention to the rivals.com ratings and such...sometimes those are way overrated. But look at people we have on our team that were highly touted, have proven athletic skills, results, stats, and have yet to really produce much here or establish themselves as a star player. I think there is no doubt we have plenty of athletes of high caliber.

TO probably gave Callahan his word he would be evaluated at the end of the season, and I can't really recall a time that I've heard that he's went back on his word.

If Callahan "resigns" then Osborne will not have been wrong. Not saying that will happen, just pointing out.