Tom Shatel calls for Bill Callahan to resign

And since the World Herald doesn't publish his columns for non-paying users I figured I'd type the last few paragraphs...

----------------

Deleted by Mods - Do NOT post copyright material on the board.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Yowza." I don't really know what I think of Shatel...but the gloves are certainly now off with the media.

I think we're in a state right now where everyone knows what's going to happen, and some of us are just more ready to get it over with than others. I haven't heard from a single Callahan supporter in weeks now, and even those long-standing media stooges are getting restless. They may not call for a resignation, but they'll say things like, "I'm not in a position to make decisions as to any potential staffing changes..." and so forth.

It's clear. I just hope Tom acts sooner rather than later. I think between him and maybe Pelini or some other fiery coach who can BUILD players into champions, we could keep some of our good recruits, and who knows, maybe next year we could have a quick turnaround considering the talent we have. That's one thing I dont' think we can use as an excuse. There has been poor teaching, but with a good staff which can instruct the simple disciplines of this sport, next season could be worth watching.

I hope.

X

I think we're in a state right now where everyone knows what's going to happen, and some of us are just more ready to get it over with than others. I haven't heard from a single Callahan supporter in weeks now, and even those long-standing media stooges are getting restless. They may not call for a resignation, but they'll say things like, "I'm not in a position to make decisions as to any potential staffing changes..." and so forth.

It's clear. I just hope Tom acts sooner rather than later. I think between him and maybe Pelini or some other fiery coach who can BUILD players into champions, we could keep some of our good recruits, and who knows, maybe next year we could have a quick turnaround considering the talent we have. That's one thing I dont' think we can use as an excuse. There has been poor teaching, but with a good staff which can instruct the simple disciplines of this sport, next season could be worth watching.

I hope.

X

Agree 100% In terms of recruiting, doesn't it make more sense to fire BC asap to give the new coaches a chance to save some of the current recruits and gain trust in new ones. The longer we wait the harder it will be to salvage any kind of recruiting class. That's what makes sense to me! If they're going to fire him than fire his a** already!

I think that it makes total sense to encourage BC to "resign". that way the recruits know that there are going to be changes. if they want to leave fine, i only want players that want to be here. If you have the right coach the number of stars the guys doesnt mean squat. that is supposed to the be the coaches job - take a player and get everything out of him. i would take a two star who gives his absolute all than a five star premadonna (aka marlon lucky - who by the way just needs to hit the hole hard). the other thing that it does is it allows us to offically start contacting people to fill the spot. just my thoughts

And since the World Herald doesn't publish his columns for non-paying users I figured I'd type the last few paragraphs...

----------------

I don't get why you can't quote an article from a public newspaper??????? Please tell me why? He isn't copying and pasting or plaguerizing the article, he referenced. I hardly think OWH would sue for this....

----------------

I don't get why you can't quote an article from a public newspaper??????? Please tell me why? He isn't copying and pasting or plaguerizing the article, he referenced. I hardly think OWH would sue for this....

yeah, I was just reading the rules and am not sure what I did wrong. I cited author (Shatel), source (Omaha World Herald), and date (today)...

?

Also, I don't have a paid membership to their site either, which it may have sounded like I didnt in my orinigal post. I was just pointing out that you can't view the column online. But I typed it from the newspaper I have sitting next to me.

----------------

yeah, I was just reading the rules and am not sure what I did wrong. I cited author (Statel), source (Omaha World Herald), and date (today)...

?

Just another example of being held down by the man!!!! J/K, but I do think if he wanted to write the whole article he would be able to. If it had insightful info that he wanted to share then he should be able to do it, referenced of course....

If you've seen coacheshotseat.com this week you will notice his seat his the second hottest in the nation behind Houston Nutt. and has a 2-1 odds of being fired this year this has gone down from 200-1 just two weeks ago no question the buzz is in the air and it is just a matter of time before we can put this ugly eara behind us and move on.