"Big Red Out"

kramer

Yes Husker fans, it's time we do the deed one more time for our players.

I'm saying this 2 weeks in advance, because I wish the word could go out everywhere. When Colorado rolls into town, the whole stadium should be filled with nobody but RED!

Reason being is for those 18 seniors who have seen the highest of highs in this program, going to the Rose Bowl their first year at UNL, but going thru the 7-7 season, going thru the overhaul of a coaching staff, twice over, and now going thru the so-called changing of the guard in Lincoln.

This certain group of seniors have had to endure more in their 4 years of playing football moreso than probably any graduation class of Nebraska football have ever had to.

In a way, my heart goes out to them for having to go thru so much, and do it without spouting out in the press, or anything. I admire them moreso than about any group that has come through this program, honestly.

The last time they stepped on their home turf, they saw a rockus crowd that helped them to a victory. They played with emotion, fire, passion and they had a wonderful crowd behind them, and you know it's something they won't soon forget.

But they will remember the last time they ever step on Nebraska's home field as a player, and I want this to be something they never forget.

Sure the crowd was great for the Mizzou game, but just one time, can we put that crowd to shame and give the graduating seniors an everlasting memory, and show them how much we truely support them and their efforts during their time spent here?

It's for this group:

Jake Anderson

Willie Amos

Ira Cooper

Sandro DeAngelis

Darren DeLone

Mike Erickson

Kellen Huston

Joel Jackson

Dusty Keiser

Steve Kriewald

Lornell McPherson

Jack O'Holleran

Nick Povendo

Barrett Ruud

Chad Sievers

Bernard Thomas

Kiffin Wigert

Ben Zajicek

Those 18 seniors are the reason their should be standing room only for the last home game. I know the crowd will be sold-out, blah, blah, blah, but this should exceed everything.

I know some people should say this would be a big recruiting weekend, because we're suppose to have 10+ recruits in for the weekend, but f*** that, this should be all about the seniors.

Is it so much to ask that the people of Nebraska wear their red, and from start to finish never let up no matter how the game ends up?

I hope somebody out there feels the same way about the way the crowd should be this group's final game.

ANOTHER REDOUT for Colorado!

I will only be watching on TV....but I would sure love to see Memorial Stadium bathed in

RED

How about getting the word out starting tonight?!

(additional edit by F4...)

Send emails to the following to ask them to spread the word.... or check near the end of page 2 of this thread for this list in text to copy/paste into a single email.

http://www.kfrxfm.com/contact_us.html

http://www.kfor1240.com/contact_us/

http://www.kios.org/contact.asp

mhagstrom@mail.unomaha.edu

job.vigil@nptelegraph.com

news@kearneyhub.com

sports@hastingstribune.com

jhoward1@unl.edu

glessports@bbc.net

don.strecker@lee.net

kjskdjs@megavision.com

sports@kgfw.com