Press Conference

REDSTEEL

I understand, I just really want to go through a thorough search for a coach instead of crowning Pelini (Insert Dennis Green's crown'em rant here)

I am with ya Dan, full search, multiple qualified canidates! I won't be mad if Pelini doesn't get the job...... I will be mad if he doesn't get the proper consideration!

:wasted

Well since you get your stats from yahoo and not from the NCAA I'll correct you. The defense was rated 11 in total defense and not 6. See for yourself.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?ye...ef&site=org

And I'm not saying they sucked, I'm saying they still gave up 30+ points three times that year. Since I believe the NCAA trumps yahoos stats you'll see that they were not 6th. Either way, like I said, the point was they gave up 30 + points three times.

The Yahoo list is before bowl games, and sorted by POINTS PER GAME.

THE NCAA list is after bowl game, and sorted by YARDS PER GAME.

I would typically use points per game, but can understand the arguement for either.

ALSO.... Those were not Bo's recruits.

Using the NCCA Statistics.......

YEAR.......OFFENSE RANK.......DEFENSE RANK.......RECORD

2002................61st......................55th..................7 - 7

2003................83rd.....................11th.................10 - 3.......Pelini's year.... :restore

2004................69th.....................56th..................5 - 6

Also, in the Mizzou game in 2003 we had 4 fumbles & 1 INT....

The KSU Game we had 2 fumbles & 2 INT's

When you have 4 or 5 turnovers, it isn't out of the ordinary to give up 30 points. That is why people have been saying that Pelini was a great coach. With a defense ranked 55th in 2003 we could have had a MUCH worse record than 10 - 3.

:boxosoap:restore

How many of his recruits got any meaningful playing time while he was DC?

Might have something to do with the fact that Pelini's D was good, whereas all of Cosgrove's units could be described as turd sandwiches.

God I think it's hilarious that people think when Pelini was here his D was GREAT! Hell I think the way people talk that NU had the #1 Defense in the nation that year. They seem to forget the 41 Mizzou put on NU and the 38 at home KSU put on NU or the 31 Texas hung on NU. He has done well other places but this quote is talking about the time he was at NU. Give me a break....It has always been the head coach and players and nothing has changed from the press conference. The media talks to some asst. coaches on sundays in the facilities and Coz does talk then. Get over this notion that Callahan is hiding Coz so no one can make him cry bullsh*t. :asshat

if you would look at the stats, Pelini's D ended up #1 in pass eff D, #1 in interceptions and #11 TOTAL D! He had a few game plans he would like to have back, but to say #11 in the Nation in Total Defense isn't great!! I guess you would want Craig Bohl back then!

Might have something to do with the fact that Pelini's D was good, whereas all of Cosgrove's units could be described as turd sandwiches.

God I think it's hilarious that people think when Pelini was here his D was GREAT! Hell I think the way people talk that NU had the #1 Defense in the nation that year. They seem to forget the 41 Mizzou put on NU and the 38 at home KSU put on NU or the 31 Texas hung on NU. He has done well other places but this quote is talking about the time he was at NU. Give me a break....It has always been the head coach and players and nothing has changed from the press conference. The media talks to some asst. coaches on sundays in the facilities and Coz does talk then. Get over this notion that Callahan is hiding Coz so no one can make him cry bullsh*t. :asshat

if you would look at the stats, Pelini's D ended up #1 in pass eff D, #1 in interceptions and #11 TOTAL D! He had a few game plans he would like to have back, but to say #11 in the Nation in Total Defense isn't great!! I guess you would want Craig Bohl back then!

wow, you didn't read the rest of my posts and see that I didn't say he sucked but the D was pretty good, I just hope the search is thorough instead of crowning Pelini the coach right now. But if this is what you felt you would like to use your first post ever on for a point that has already been made then more power to ya.

:yeah

I understand, I just really want to go through a thorough search for a coach instead of crowning Pelini (Insert Dennis Green's crown'em rant here)

I am with ya Dan, full search, multiple qualified canidates! I won't be mad if Pelini doesn't get the job...... I will be mad if he doesn't get the proper consideration!

:wasted

:yeah