On The Lighter Side Of Things

Did you hear about the Texas fan who lost $50 on the Nebraska game?

He lost $25 on the game, and $25 on the instant replay!

Whats the differance between a catfish and a Texas cheerleader?

One has wiskers and smells, the other is a fish!

Barry Switzer died and went to heavean. St. Peter stood at the gate as Barry approached.

"Why should I let you into heaven?" Asked St Peter.

"I tried to live a good life, and I was a pretty outstanding coach." Switzer replied.

With that St. Peter said "You life hasn't been the greatest, but I did love watching you run the wishbone on Saturdays. You may enter. God will be with you shortly to show you around."

Shortly God arrived and started showing Barry around.

"Wow God, this is more than any man could imagine." shouted Barry.

In reply God answered "Just wait until I show you where you will live."

So off the two went until they reached a long row of mansions.

"These are truely beautiful God. Which one is mine. Is it the one made of silver? I did win some Big 8 Championships in my time." asked Switzer.

"No yours is further down the road." said God.

Futher down the road they came upon a house made of gold.

"Surely God this is my place of refuge. I did win alot of National Championships." Barry piped in.

A little further down the road God and Switzer came up to the most amazing mansion in all of heaven. The house was of red and white bricks, the lawn looked like the field of Memorial Stadium, a red flag with a white N waved proudly on the front lawn. Cheerleaders bounded across the deep green grass, and one could almost swear the sun shone a little brighter on that house than the rest.

"Oh dear God," Switzer cried. "I didn't know that Tom Osbourne died."

"He didn't Barry, that's my house."

A Nebraska Cornhusker fan was enjoying himself at the game in a packed Memorial Stadium until he noticed an empty seat down in front. He went down and asked the guy next to it if he knew whose seat it was.

The guy said, "Yes, that's my wife's seat. We have never missed a game since the days of Johnny Rodgers and Rich Glover, but now my wife is dead."

The fan offered his sympathy and said it was really too bad that he couldn't find some relative to give the ticket to and enjoy the game together.

"Oh no." the guy said. "They're all at the funeral."

Hope this brightens this board up a bit. We got part of what we want with Pud being gone, now the wait and see is really sucking bad. Good things will come up shortly thought. Hang in there Husker Fans. NEVER SAY QUIT!!!!