Don't panic, unless BC stays.

I saw the highlights of Jonas Gray, and it sucks to lose him. This is just one more reason to let Callahan go. He has coached the team into a position of not being able to recruit effectively. His status makes high school guys uncertain. The damage is done, this recruiting class will drop in talent and Callahan will fill it with whatever he can if he stays. If we hire a new guy, he will try and fill it with people who fit his system. If he can't, because of a late start, and the class is small this year, he can just offer more players the next year. Once again, they will be guys he wants not inherited players who aren't ideal for our new coach's plans.

Discuss.

I think it's totally unfair to blame BC for the recruiting problems. If his job weren't in jeopardy, we would still have Gray - and that's a fact. Didn't you hear what Gray said? - Even if BC stays, you figure he'll be on a short leash. These recruits who are getting second thoughts are because the coaching staff they were committed to is now being eliminated.

Honestly...it's COMPLETELY ridiculous to blame BC for any recruiting problems we have now.

Unfair? He's they man at the controls of this aimless team. He has had 4 years to get his act together and this is what we have? We get blown out week after week to the point the media keeps saying he's done after the season, and it's not his fault? It's obvious he is not an HC kind of guy. That part is not his fault. Heck, they pay me $1 mil plus to be the coach and I'll sign. I can't blame him for taking the gig, but he is responsible for the outcome.

Also, this was not intended as a Jonas Gray thread. Just using him as an example.

We will loose recruits and that is the way it is. Anyone that thinks we won't if we get rid of the coaches NOW needs to think it over a little more realistically. More will jump ship as soon as they are gone. Now, who would rather keep this coaching staff and keep these recruits versus replace these coaches and loose a few or even alot of them?

These recruits should try to get in touch with TO and then make a decision. But these kids will do what they feel is best for them. I don't blame them. There is nothing pretty comming out of this, this year. Again I think we need to move on and work on a better future.