Lou's Pep Talk

dbetz23

Who in the hell would that have inspired!?! <_< First of all I think whoever would have been sitting anywhere close to him while he was giving his pep talk would have spit all over them because that guy slurs and spits like crazy :wacko: If TO can talk to those boys and not win do we really think that Lou's talk would work? :boxosoap

Not to defend Lou's "pep talk" so much, but the point I got out of the whole thing goes beyond it. Listen, there are tons of great games this weekend. What gets me is that he chose Nebraska to give his dedicated on time air to. And to encourage them. That's the cool part in itself. But that's just me. GBR!!!

I don't know...I didn't get to see it on TV. It was replayed on the radio this morning, and to tell you the truth, I liked it. It would probably fire the team up right up until the kick-off. Just like the last five weeks have done. But, I still must be one of the "greatest fans". Because I will be cheering them on tomorrow, even if I think they will lose, they will still have my full support. Through this game, the rest of this season, the coaching change...I will support them. I will be a looooooooooooong four weeks, but I will be there for my team. :bonez

Lord.

That was 45 seconds of my life I'd like back.

Rock Bottom is an interesting place.

Suicide watch would be recalling the Lendale White quitting/throwing a dummy off a builiding. If any other coach did that, Holy Lord look out.

Oh that. Well I don't see where Pete was making fun of anybody. I know two players from that team who were at practice that day, and they thought it was funny as hell. Do you think that was making fun of Lindale? Maybe you should tell Lindale he was in on it as well as the rest of the coaching staff..

I'm glad you enjoy he view, hope you're still a Trojan fan if they start dropping off again. You'll forgive me, being a CA native I remember the USC fanbase from 1995 to 2001.

First of all I fully expect us to lose tomorrow at Oregon, but we will still have a great team. I will still be a fan. We are an elite football program. Period.

You keep applying your "best fans in college" standards to us. We don't care about being the best fans, just the best team. When you guys were winning I didn't hear anybody say, "Please, don't keep bringing that up." You seemed pretty cocky about your humbleness.

I could just as easily say your uniforms are so plain and boring and they don't compare to our bright and gold and cardinal, but I would be applying my standards to you. You see, I don't try to impose my view of the world on others and say "you are not like me"so something is wrong with you.

I am sure that you feel being a native Californian gives you some kind of special status, but it doesn't. I have met nicer people from New Jersey. For a laid back state you are really uptight man.

I still stand by my post, Lou Holtz was (and is) attacked because of the way God made him. I think his analysis stinks also. Besides, he has never had anything good to say about USC. I have no reason to like the man. But when he makes a complement about a program and he is trashed for something he has no control over that is completely classless.

As far as losing 45 seconds of your life you lost listening to Lou, I can now see how that was a significant loss.

You might not like the way Lou talks, but I bet he is paid more money for making one speech than what you or I are paid a year. He may not be a great football analysts, but he has a lot of great things to say about life. You should pay to hear one of his talks. You could use it.

As far as the tasteless T-Shirts about San Diego State grads working for USC grads, you need to get out more. That's rampant on every campus I know. But, now I haven't been to Nebraska. I am sure everything there is pure as the wind driven snow. :sarcasm