Osborne: "That will depend on the new coaching staff".

Did anyone think that by saying 'the new coaching staff' maybe he was actually talking about BC and his staff? I mean, to him, they ARE the new coaching staff.

Not a chance.

EDIT: So Dr. Tom clarified his statement today to indicate what you mentioned above. I think it is damage control, but I guess I need to just go with what he says...

Did anyone think that by saying 'the new coaching staff' maybe he was actually talking about BC and his staff? I mean, to him, they ARE the new coaching staff.

Not a chance.

EDIT: So Dr. Tom clarified his statement today to indicate what you mentioned above. I think it is damage control, but I guess I need to just go with what he says...

Yep, Tom Osborne clarified his comment......... all this hub-bub was over a hypothetical question about the walk-on program.

Osborne states in the interview, talked to three recruits about academic support, tradition, and facilities.

Can talk to recruits as long as coaches have not -- total once a week by staff.

Probably a slip of the tongue, but when talking about how the walk-on program might change Osborne stated "That will depend on the new coaching staff".

http://www.ketv.com/video/14440193/index.html -- Osborne Assesses Job, Program

I'm sure he didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag. However we all know Billy C is gone at the end of the year anyway. TO's slip just confrims Husker Nation's thought's. :)

Does everyone really think that Dr. Tom made an error? Or, could this master (doctor) of psychology have slipped everyone a little reassurance? If he just messed up, fine. But, I kinda think he knew exactly what he was doing. He knows everyone (including potential candidates) are waiting and looking for something to happen...now, they have a good idea what will happen. Maybe I'm crazy? But, Coach knew exactly what we all wanted to hear. Anybody with me?

I was thinking the same thing earlier today. Over 36 years of coaching he never made that big of a 'mistake'. .... :thumbs

Osborne states in the interview, talked to three recruits about academic support, tradition, and facilities.

Probably a slip of the tongue, but when talking about how the walk-on program might change Osborne stated "That will depend on the new coaching staff".

I'm sure he didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag. However we all know Billy C is gone at the end of the year anyway. TO's slip just confrims Husker Nation's thought's. :)

Does everyone really think that Dr. Tom made an error? Or, could this master (doctor) of psychology have slipped everyone a little reassurance? If he just messed up, fine. But, I kinda think he knew exactly what he was doing. He knows everyone (including potential candidates) are waiting and looking for something to happen...now, they have a good idea what will happen. Maybe I'm crazy? But, Coach knew exactly what we all wanted to hear. Anybody with me?

I was thinking the same thing earlier today. Over 36 years of coaching he never made that big of a 'mistake'. .... :thumbs

he's a shrewd dude. :hellloooo

Thank You for the link! I really like what Tom said! He said, "We" and if you noticed. He always mentions academis before football. I think that is very classy of him. Again, Thank you for the link and always remember. "We. did it five times. We can do it again!" :thumbs