Osborne: "That will depend on the new coaching staff".

Nebraska associate athletic director for communications Randy York said Osborne’s response was hypothetical in nature, that he was responding to a hypothetical question.

I did'nt read anything hypothetical into that question or really into any of Jon Schuetz questions. It seemed Jon was trying not to bring anything up about firing Callahan durring the whole interview.

Nebraska associate athletic director for communications Randy York said Osborne’s response was hypothetical in nature, that he was responding to a hypothetical question.

I did'nt read anything hypothetical into that question or really into any of Jon Schuetz questions. It seemed Jon was trying not to bring anything up about firing Callahan durring the whole interview.

Yeah...and 'Ghost Hunters' was filming at the Holiday Inn Express I was staying in last night... :rolleyes:

Osborne states in the interview, talked to three recruits about academic support, tradition, and facilities.

Can talk to recruits as long as coaches have not -- total once a week by staff.

Probably a slip of the tongue, but when talking about how the walk-on program might change Osborne stated "That will depend on the new coaching staff".

http://www.ketv.com/video/14440193/index.html -- Osborne Assesses Job, Program

Good work. That TO interview will allow me to sleep well.

What does that mean? If Osborne talks to Recruit X this week , then the coaches can't talk to Recruit X this week?

That was my understanding from what Dr. Tom said in the interview. He has to coordinate with the coaching staff to make sure they do not contact the recruit more than once. Now if the recruit contacts them, that is okay.

But it did sound like if a recruit left a message and Dr. Tom wanted to call them back, that is considered the one contact.

hell guys, every swingin' dick in the country knows clownahan is gone at the end of the season. this is no big deal, other than recruting will sufffer, but getting this bunch of clown-ass coaches out of here will only help in the long run. we will have to take our licks in recruting this year and just move on.

The Lincoln Journal-Star finally picked up on it.....

ugh... thats not good. wont be long before other coaches get wind of this. bye bye class of 2008

Well look at our great recruiting classes under the current regime. Please explain how the current coaching staff has yet to develop all the great talent we have acquired from the past recruiting classes? See what I mean. We can get all the great recruits now but history has shown, BC and CO. can't get the job done!

Osborne states in the interview, talked to three recruits about academic support, tradition, and facilities.

Probably a slip of the tongue, but when talking about how the walk-on program might change Osborne stated "That will depend on the new coaching staff".

I'm sure he didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag. However we all know Billy C is gone at the end of the year anyway. TO's slip just confrims Husker Nation's thought's. :)

I'm sure he didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag. However we all know Billy C is gone at the end of the year anyway. TO's slip just confrims Husker Nation's thought's. :)

Does everyone really think that Dr. Tom made an error? Or, could this master (doctor) of psychology have slipped everyone a little reassurance? If he just messed up, fine. But, I kinda think he knew exactly what he was doing. He knows everyone (including potential candidates) are waiting and looking for something to happen...now, they have a good idea what will happen. Maybe I'm crazy? But, Coach knew exactly what we all wanted to hear. Anybody with me?

ugh... thats not good. wont be long before other coaches get wind of this. bye bye class of 2008

Well look at our great recruiting classes under the current regime. Please explain how the current coaching staff has yet to develop all the great talent we have acquired from the past recruiting classes? See what I mean. We can get all the great recruits now but history has shown, BC and CO. can't get the job done!

you are misunderstanding what I am saying. I want cally gone, but I would have prefered us not show our hand. that was a pretty big slip up on TO's part

I totally agree with guru. We have the talent to go 12-2, but we suck. Is it because Callahan hasn't had enough time to get the system in place? 4 years is not enough? Even if we sign another top recruiting class it won't do anything. We'll just have a lot of talent loitering around just like we do now. If we have to lose a few primadonna recruits to bring in a new coach, so be it. We don't want to be penny-wise and pound-foolish here.