Team Is Responding Well To Joe...

HSKRNOKC

Ganz statement says a lot about his demeanor.

I love his attitude.

BALLS TO THE WALL JOE!!

I don't know if any of you caught the Tuesday press conference but Ganz was asked about his role so far and how he's handled being the backup etc. His response was something like, "I just do whatever the team needs me to do. After Sam was named the starter I wasn't even thinking about transferring. I would never do that, it's just not me." I took it as a little jab at Keller. IMO this team likes Ganz more, but that doesn't mean it will translate onto the field. We'll see Saturday.

that cant be taken as a jab at Keller, 2 totally different situations.

1 Sam was the starter at ASU then got hurt, came back the next year was named the starter then, taken away and given to Carpenter.

2 Joe has never been named the starter and this was the first year that he was even in a "compitetion" to be the starter.

now if Joe was named the starter and then 2 days later Callahan changed his mind and named Keller the starter then things would be different

I like how everyone is throwing Keller under the bus...

This kid came here a gave his all! Its not his fault that the rest of the team fell apart!

Keller will get drafted and I hope he has a long successful career.

If Ganz doesnt do any better are you guys gonna do the same thing to him?

Matt Turman is my favorite Husker Ever.

Yeah! The Turmanator!! Man, he could hand that ball off to Lawrence Phillips!

Last year, early in the year I think, Callahan or one of the offensive coaches said about Ganz, "He just doesn't make mistakes."

I suspect the reason he hasn't started is that he just doesn't have the arm Taylor or Keller had. And Taylor didn't really have the greatest arm -- just the greatest grit and a good enough arm.

The biggest flaw in the idea that he might help revive the team is that he doesn't play defense. I'd love us to beat Kansas, win out and make a bowl.

But we're deluding ourselves if we think this defense under Cosgrove is going to stop anybody. Texas did us a favor by trying to throw for three quarters.