Coaching Deficiencies

Listened to Big Sports 590 today and Matt brought up former Nebraska players, under Callahan, who are struggling in the NFL. The two he brought up were B JAX and Carriker, who both are struggling with technique. Below is an article from Milwaukee about Jackson and what he was struggling on. We all know the coaches suck, but maybe this is why they are struggling so bad. They CAN'T or WON'T teach proper technique!!

Jackson returns to active duty

"The questionable part of his game is blocking, although McCarthy expressed a lot of confidence in him being able to pick up blitzers. During training camp, Jackson was regularly run over in pass-blocking drills and needed a lot of work on his technique."

Listen to Matt:

Husker Play Calling This Weekend

Listened to Big Sports 590 today and Matt brought up former Nebraska players, under Callahan, who are struggling in the NFL. The two he brought up were B JAX and Carriker, who both are struggling with technique. Below is an article from Milwaukee about Jackson and what he was struggling on. We all know the coaches suck, but maybe this is why they are struggling so bad. They CAN'T or WON'T teach proper technique!!

Jackson returns to active duty

"The questionable part of his game is blocking, although McCarthy expressed a lot of confidence in him being able to pick up blitzers. During training camp, Jackson was regularly run over in pass-blocking drills and needed a lot of work on his technique."

Listen to Matt:

Husker Play Calling This Weekend

this should come as no surprise to anyone. cally is nothing but a flake.

The part about B Jackson surprises me a little.

The part about Carriker doesn't surprise me though. He was a DE in college and now he's learning to play DT. I'm neither a player nor a coach but, I'd imagine that there's a bit of a difference there.

Now, if you want to talk about whether or not Carriker should have been playing DE at NU, that's something that I'm curious about. IMO, he should have been a DT at least during his last year.