Be good Husker fans!!

raw1

Since I brought it up in another thread I thought I would create a new one to expound on it. It is time for Husker fans to adopt a "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it" policy with regard to players. Theirs and ours. You are Husker Fans...Act like it. It is not a wild assumption that the players wearing the white jerseys on Saturday will be trying as hard as they can and doing what the coaches have coached them to do. Rant all you want about the coaches whose salaries are getting paid by state taxpayers money but leave the players with the conclusion that you appreciate all the blood, sweat and tears they leave on the field. It will help everything.

Theoretically that is the way it should be, but this is a message board. A place to vent so to speak.

And having fans vent that a neb player is not doing his job is okay in my opinion as long as it is on an internet board. I have done it in Kellers case for example. But the players have a choice whether to log on and read that stuff. My message is to the fans who attend the games and yell at players on the field. Shouldn't happen. Not cool, not Husker like.

your post may be well intended and honestly, some people, including myself could take your message to heart sometimes, but posting on a message board hurts no one. If you are offended by something someone posts, don't read it.

On the other hand, supposed Husker "fans" yelling at coach's kids during high school and pewee games and chastising them when they are with their families is pathetic. I employ real Nebraska fans to stand up to these people and let them know that stuff like this happens in Boulder, CO, not in Lincoln Nebraska.

One thing I do want to clarify, though. None of the coaches salaries are paid by "state taxpayers money." The athletic department is totally self-funded. It gets zero money from state taxes.