I know we all want sure thing... But What If

Hello Nebraska Fans, I know you are disappointed with things in the Football Program. I'll not post here but this once, as it is for your Fans. I'm a Georgia Bulldog Fan and I'm a Georgia Southern Fan. I want to tell you when it looked like Paul Johnson was leaving Georgia Southern, I truly hoped he would go to Georgia. He went to Navy and they are at a level they would not be at without HIS coaching. He coaches this weird option stuff. I have often wondered what he could do with a top shelf College Football Program. He will never coach Pro's (they want have that option stuff). Wherever he coaches, the Quarterback will not have any real expectations of ever being a Pro Quarterback (they don't draft quarterback from that option stuff).

In my very limited knowledge of Football, there is ONE place. I mean ONE football program where I could see Johnson turning the system upside-down. Nebraska running the Paul Johnson Option would be AWESOME. I would love to have him at Georgia still, but they like everyone else are brainwashed into this spread stuff. I'm telling you, Nebraska would be an instant top 10 program for years (at least until enough other teams began to mimic it... that's the only way it can be stopped). A team that sees it only once a year has no clue how to defense it. Well, nuff said. Good Luck Nebraska. I just love old option football and when I think of that I think of Paul Johnson and Nebraska.

He may be a great coach, but is his offense capable of winning a National Championship? It might be able difficult to find recruits who want to run it. Can you come from behind when trailing in games? These are few concerns that I have about his offense.

THe offense isnt what concerns me about Johnson. He was the OC for Hawaii, so he tends to make and offense that suits the talent. WHat concerns me is defense and mentality of the teams. Navy did lose to 1-AA Delaware 59-52 two weeks ago. Losses like that concern me a lot. He has lost games he was supposed to win, and win big.