New Coach vs. Recruiting

This topic may have been talked about before, but I'll give it a shot. If Nebraska fires Cally after the Colorado game, the coaching search is on. In regards to recruiting new players for 2008 and retaining the current commits, we will have a wide range of time with no Coach depending on who is hired.

Here is an example of what TO may have to consider.

Possible prospects:

Turner Gill, Head Coach of Buffalo (4-6 OA & 4-2 Conf)

Games left:

vs. Bowling Green (5-4 OA & 3-2 Conf) Sat. 11-17-07

at Kent State (3-6 OA & 1-4 Conf) Sat. 11-24-07

Win out and they probably will get a bowl bid, lower tier. Winning the eastern division of the MAC is out of the question. Lose one game and their season ends on Saturday, November 24th. Turner could be available in the 1st or 2nd week of December.

Paul Johnson, Head Coach of Navy (5-4 OA)

Games left:

at North Texas (1-7 OA & 1-4 Conf) Sat. 11-10-07

vs. Northern Illinois (1-8 OA & 0-5 Conf) Sat. 11-17-07

at Army (3-6 OA) Sat. 12-1-07

Win out and they will get a Bowl Game, possibly the Poinsettia Bowl vs. Utah on . I don't see them losing any of their final games. I don't see Paul Johnson being available until after the 1st of the year because of the Holidays.

Bo Pelini Defensive Coordinator of LSU (8-1 OA & 5-1 Conf)

Games Left:

vs. Louisiana Tech (4-5 OA & 3-3 Conf) Sat. 11-10-07

at Mississippi (3-7 OA & 0-6 Conf) Sat. 11-17-07

vs Arkansas (6-3 OA & 2-3 Conf) Sat. 11-24-07

Conference Championship on Sat. 12-1-07

There is a good possibility that LSU could play for the NC on January 7th, 2008. If Oregon gets the bid, it could be the Sugar Bowl on January 1st, 2008. Meaning, Bo would probably not be available until the 2nd or 3rd week in January, 2008 unless he opts out of the bowl game which is doubtful.

These coaches are just some of the prospects being thrown around the board. TO could bring in someone else, too. Its something to think about when a coaching change is made. I think it is just as important to get a coach asap, in regards to recruiting, as it is to get the RIGHT one.

I posted this earlier twice, once before the season and once a week or two ago. A confirmed fact the TO met with Turner Gill in late July of 2007 at a restaurant in Lincoln for about 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Its what I now call a possible Plan B. I would guess that Harvey Perlman contacted TO privately before the season and said, "if I were to make a AD change, would you come in on as Interim AD to help us out"?

Now, fast forward. There have been posts that a search firm has contacted Buffalo. Most people would agree that if TO was to pull the trigger after the Colorado game, he is smart enough to have a Plan B for the football team in 2008. That being said, Plan A is to keep Cally and have him change the DC.

Throughout life, great leaders always have a Plan B if the Plan A goes terribly wrong. I would hope, personally, that Plan B is Bo Pelini. However, Turner is a Nebraska guy, great person, and available sooner than later than most other prospects out there. He runs a spread option offense at Buffalo. He is a great recruiter.

Finally, let me tell you that if Turner is the next coach, hypothetically, all these moves were done last summer in anticipation of a downfall in the Athletic Department morale and the Football Program.

This topic may have been talked about before, but I'll give it a shot. If Nebraska fires Cally after the Colorado game, the coaching search is on. In regards to recruiting new players for 2008 and retaining the current commits, we will have a wide range of time with no Coach depending on who is hired.

Here is an example of what TO may have to consider.

Possible prospects:

Turner Gill, Head Coach of Buffalo (4-6 OA & 4-2 Conf)

Games left:

vs. Bowling Green (5-4 OA & 3-2 Conf) Sat. 11-17-07

at Kent State (3-6 OA & 1-4 Conf) Sat. 11-24-07

Win out and they probably will get a bowl bid, lower tier. Winning the eastern division of the MAC is out of the question. Lose one game and their season ends on Saturday, November 24th. Turner could be available in the 1st or 2nd week of December.

Paul Johnson, Head Coach of Navy (5-4 OA)

Games left:

at North Texas (1-7 OA & 1-4 Conf) Sat. 11-10-07

vs. Northern Illinois (1-8 OA & 0-5 Conf) Sat. 11-17-07

at Army (3-6 OA) Sat. 12-1-07

Win out and they will get a Bowl Game, possibly the Poinsettia Bowl vs. Utah on . I don't see them losing any of their final games. I don't see Paul Johnson being available until after the 1st of the year because of the Holidays.

Bo Pelini Defensive Coordinator of LSU (8-1 OA & 5-1 Conf)

Games Left:

vs. Louisiana Tech (4-5 OA & 3-3 Conf) Sat. 11-10-07

at Mississippi (3-7 OA & 0-6 Conf) Sat. 11-17-07

vs Arkansas (6-3 OA & 2-3 Conf) Sat. 11-24-07

Conference Championship on Sat. 12-1-07

There is a good possibility that LSU could play for the NC on January 7th, 2008. If Oregon gets the bid, it could be the Sugar Bowl on January 1st, 2008. Meaning, Bo would probably not be available until the 2nd or 3rd week in January, 2008 unless he opts out of the bowl game which is doubtful.

These coaches are just some of the prospects being thrown around the board. TO could bring in someone else, too. Its something to think about when a coaching change is made. I think it is just as important to get a coach asap, in regards to recruiting, as it is to get the RIGHT one.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Getting the right man is the only consideration. If we loose some of BC's kids in the process well they were BC's kids and probably interested only in a pro career. We need kids who want to be part of the University of Nebraska and the tradition built over the course of the last 38 years. The right man needs to be hired and then the recruits will come.

"If you build the right program, they will come"

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez