This might be an interesting development. Pure speculation on my part, but I imagine Osborne will get a call from Frank saying he would be interested in returning to Nebraska as well. Wouldn't that be an interesting development. I really wonder what Tom's response would be. It would definitely be a test of loyalty at a minimum.

It will never happen.

Probably not but it would sure be an uncomfortable phone conversation for Osborne, especially if there was nothing to the rumors about Frank when he left. And if all that garbage was false and he truely did get canned because of wins and losses, then he might actually deserve a chance.

TO may be a lot of things (patient, calm, collected, intelligent), but he's not stupid. He recognizes the fact that Husker Nation is down bad this year. He knows that bringing back Solich could/would make the situation worse. Again, it's a bridge that was burnt 4 years ago. Solich will not be brought back any sooner than Bohl will be looked at for a possible HC position. Plus, I don't think Solich would ever ask TO for this big of favor anyway.