Give the guy a break

chucker21

You need to remember that this is a new offense for everyone of the players. Its not like some of them have been in this system for a few years and that its just a few people that are new to it. There are no veterans here that can help with the new people and make that transition easier. As far as audibles are concerned, if Joe can't make the reads for the original play then I don't know how you should expect him to call another play and make the reads for that. Plus, everyone on the offense needs to understand the audible and if one of those 10 other players don't understand the call then you shouldn't call the audible.

You need to remember that this is a new offense for everyone of the players. Its not like some of them have been in this system for a few years and that its just a few people that are new to it. There are no veterans here that can help with the new people and make that transition easier. As far as audibles are concerned, if Joe can't make the reads for the original play then I don't know how you should expect him to call another play and make the reads for that. Plus, everyone on the offense needs to understand the audible and if one of those 10 other players don't understand the call then you shouldn't call the audible.

every other college football team in america can run audibles but our offense can't because it's to complex.hmmmm. That tells me something, it's to difficult. Simpfly the play names, simpfly the amount. To me running 20 plays darn good are better than running 400 terrible.

I am not saying that it is too complecated to run because teams across the country are running it and running it successfully. What I am saying is that it takes some time for these players to understand it, to run it to the best of their abilities and to work together as a unit to run the play its proper way. If one player does not understand as quickly as the other players are picking it up then it is very dangerous to run because the play might not work or it might get someone hurt from lack of execution. You said that we need to limit the plays and run them throughly but you also want us to have audibles. I think that that is just increasing the play book and goes against what you want.

I am not saying that it is too complecated to run because teams across the country are running it and running it successfully. What I am saying is that it takes some time for these players to understand it, to run it to the best of their abilities and to work together as a unit to run the play its proper way. If one player does not understand as quickly as the other players are picking it up then it is very dangerous to run because the play might not work or it might get someone hurt from lack of execution. You said that we need to limit the plays and run them throughly but you also want us to have audibles. I think that that is just increasing the play book and goes against what you want.

This offense is like non-other. NO one else has a 10lb play book and 2 to 3 sentence long plays. everyone has there own form of west coast.

No one else has 10 pound play books. Wow. I believe that Bill Walsh the inventor of the west coast offense had a 25 pound play book. If you don't remember or don't care to remember he was a very successful coach using the west coast offense with all of its plays on both the professional and college level.

If any of you are interested in seeing what the west coast offense is about you may get a 10 page handout avaible at www.westcoastoffense.com.

No one else has 10 pound play books. Wow. I believe that Bill Walsh the inventor of the west coast offense had a 25 pound play book. If you don't remember or don't care to remember he was a very successful coach using the west coast offense with all of its plays on both the professional and college level.

If any of you are interested in seeing what the west coast offense is about you may get a 10 page handout avaible at www.westcoastoffense.com.

Tell me again gamecocks what bill walsh's record was in college as stanford's coach? Was it 34-24-1? Was his best record 10-3 which is what got frank fired? Your right that west coast is impressive along with that 50 lb play book.

Tell me again gamecocks what bill walsh's record was in college as stanford's coach? Was it 34-24-1? Was his best record 10-3 which is what got frank fired? Your right that west coast is impressive along with that 50 lb play book.

Are you saying that Frank was a better coach than Bill Walsh because that is crazy. Bill Walsh may be the best coach of all time and he was the inventor of maybe the most popular offense in football today.