Theisman calling the Raiders "stupid"....

CalHusker

Lack of overall talent and depth - not to mention some morons for players.

Gee, poor Callahan has never had any talent on his teams has he? Well at least he's a great recruiter. Just wait til next year...I mean two years from now...I mean just wait 4 years and we'll be awesome because BC will finally have a good team to coach and show the world just how great he can be when he doesn't have these horrible teams dragging him down. :wacko:

Gee, poor Callahan has never had any talent on his teams has he? Well at least he's a great recruiter. Just wait til next year...I mean two years from now...I mean just wait 4 years and we'll be awesome because BC will finally have a good team to coach and show the world just how great he can be when he doesn't have these horrible teams dragging him down. :wacko:

lol exactly.

lol exactly.

Last year I watched the Raiders play KC (Monday night game). I watched BC orchestrate plays with a 2nd string qb (Tuiasasopo) that put the Raiders in position to win late in the game. I believe the game was tied when the Raiders forced KC to punt (to Buchanon I believe), only to make the STUPID mistake of fumbling the punt (due to coaching I'm sure). KC got the ball back and scored. With time running out, BC and his 2nd string qb managed to call a series of plays (2 minute drill) that took them down the field once again with a chance to score to tie the game. But wait, what happened? Tuiasasopo went to the veteran, the heisman winner, the captain, the pro bowler, Tim Brown who of course knows that he should run his route INTO the ENDZONE...RIGHT? OOOPS, a foot short! Tim Brown didn't get into the end zone...now that's DUMB! No wait, I am sure BC said "Tim, this is our last chance, so run your route just short of the goal line". Now, realize that later in the season BC also lost his 2nd string qb to injury leaving him with 3rd stringer Rick MIRER, boy there's some talent there, how can any coach not win with Rick freakin Mirer. With that, don't misunderstand, for me, the jury is still out on Callahan, but to say he "sucks" based on one year (especially this year) or based on what happened to the Raiders the year prior, is not right, nor is it fair. I say F*%k Tim Brown for criticizing his coach when he himself didn't get it done! But hey, they still suck, but at least they are playing with more desire and don't want to quit this year! What a bunch of horse sh*t.

It's partially on the players as well. It shows the disparity between Callahan and Chucky. But their former coach, John Gruden was, and still is, a great coach. It's not like he's Jim Fassel, with the country club mentality. He worked hard, and I appreciated that. He built that team that Callahan took to the Superbowl, and then eventually drove into the ground.

How can you call Callahan a bad coach, then call Gruden a good one. Let's look at the situation...Gruden goes to Tampa Bay and Callahan is named head coach of Oakland. They both took their respective teams to the Super Bowl their first year. The following year Oakland goes 4-12 and Tampa goes 7-9. Tell me how that makes Gruden any better of a coach than Callahan. They both took those teams and had terrible years in their second year...and Gruden isn't having too good a year in his third as Tampa is sitting at 4-7.

lol exactly.

Last year I watched the Raiders play KC (Monday night game). I watched BC orchestrate plays with a 2nd string qb (Tuiasasopo) that put the Raiders in position to win late in the game. I believe the game was tied when the Raiders forced KC to punt (to Buchanon I believe), only to make the STUPID mistake of fumbling the punt (due to coaching I'm sure). KC got the ball back and scored. With time running out, BC and his 2nd string qb managed to call a series of plays (2 minute drill) that took them down the field once again with a chance to score to tie the game. But wait, what happened? Tuiasasopo went to the veteran, the heisman winner, the captain, the pro bowler, Tim Brown who of course knows that he should run his route INTO the ENDZONE...RIGHT? OOOPS, a foot short! Tim Brown didn't get into the end zone...now that's DUMB! No wait, I am sure BC said "Tim, this is our last chance, so run your route just short of the goal line". Now, realize that later in the season BC also lost his 2nd string qb to injury leaving him with 3rd stringer Rick MIRER, boy there's some talent there, how can any coach not win with Rick freakin Mirer. With that, don't misunderstand, for me, the jury is still out on Callahan, but to say he "sucks" based on one year (especially this year) or based on what happened to the Raiders the year prior, is not right, nor is it fair. I say F*%k Tim Brown for criticizing his coach when he himself didn't get it done! But hey, they still suck, but at least they are playing with more desire and don't want to quit this year! What a bunch of horse sh*t.

:clap CalHusker, I don't think you could have provided a much clearer example then you did. Well put, I agree with you 100%.