DAMN THE MAN

OnTheEdge

I just thought I'd add this in here relating to the original post. A few months back I was at my parents house back in Norfolk, and they were watching old home videos. It was November 21st 1987, and I was only 4 months old and I was dressed in a little baby Husker outfit and on the T.V. was OU vs. NU. NU did get beat 7 - 17, but correct me if i'm wrong I beleive OU did compete in a NC game that year.

When I saw this video it made me wander how many other Husker fans I bet were raised like this. I bet the number is countless... And although I was young, the OU NU rivalry was probably the greatest of that era. GO SKERS!!!!!!!!!! HUSKERS FOR LIFE!!!

I KNOE I WAS RAISED THAT WAYS :worship:power :spooners

If you have been watching TV lately and have HBO you may have noticed the "Michigan vs Ohio State" TV special. They have been running it a lot lately. Anyway, it recaps the entire series even back to the beginning of the rivalry (when Ohio stole land from Michigan).

The reason I bring this up is because I was too young to live through the OU vs NU days... All I have had is the once every couple years game, and the piss-pour excuse for a rivalry with CU.

How great was our rivalry with OU? I mean really -- unbiased -- was it bigger than Michigan vs. Ohio State?

DAMN THE MAN FOR RUINING OUR THANKSGIVING DAY TRADITION! Buck the Fuffs!

Back in the day it was just as significant as Michigan-Ohio Stae, USC-Notre Dame, Army Navy. Yeah...it was huge.

i'd say it might have been more important a few times. but yes, it was always a significant game, hell it even was in 2001, which was a very fun game i thought(i feel it summed up the frank solich era, maybe not the prettiest show in the world but it certainly would win games.)