Not a rumor, but I would like your opinion

Sorry, too much water has flowed under the bridge and it has taken Callahan's boat down stream with it.

Besides his on-field results and negative record breaking performances by his teams, the fact that he won't call Tom Osborne by name, referring to him as "the higher ups" and didn't even comment on his agents disparaging remarks to the fans (saying we should work on soil samples or count socks) tells a story of a man who doesn't want to embrace the Husker Nation nor it's traditions.

I'm afraid there is only one possible end result. Callahan has to be fired, just as his actions and statements show is his preference.

JMO-- Lots of the cally bashing is due to the "negative" records.

Cally's teams broke lots of "negative records", nearly all in his two worst seasons, his first and his fourth.

When a program like NU has decades of success, even one bad season will set negative records.

Solich broke a few when he went 7-7. Pissed a lot of folks off. And IMO was the REAL root reason for his firing. Even a 9-3 season couldn't save him from ONE "bad" season. I personally don't buy the heading toward mediocrity bullsh!t. 9-3 ain't mediocre. A spoiled fan base and boosters with too much power meant the end of frankie.

In retrospect, a bad decision. Pelini and Gill were here, just like people want NOW.

BTW-- Other good programs break the wrong records too when they have bad years.

They are broken. That's life.

What are you going to do if, heaven forbid, the next coach goes 4-6, 3-9 or 2-10?? Yeah, I know.. THAT CAN'T HAPPEN. :hmmph

Even more negative records will be broken.

But opinions vary.

BEAT CU!!

Well in Callahan's defense, the fans never did get behind him, ever. Mostly it was because of Pederson and most fans did not make the distinction between the two. Not Coach's fault.

AND where is it written that the coach MUST be the fans best friend?

This is absolutely not true. He was almost a Golden God here during the Spring of 2004 and through the pre-season. But with that loss to Southern Miss where it was obvious he was running the wrong scheme with the personnel he had, yet despite this he stubbornly refused to modify anything, that's when the bloom started falling off the rose. He was OK when we won in Pittsburgh, but then that absolutely ridiculous game against Texas Tech was really the beginning of the end. Follow that up with not one, not two but THREE consecutive years of making the same mistakes, and you have the reason for his demise here at Nebraska.

Make no mistake - we are a welcoming and friendly group, we Husker fans. Bill did this to himself.

I have to disagree. There were plenty of people that cheered him, yes..but there's also been a huge number of people that hated on him right from the beginning. Usually the same people that were hating on Steve Pederson right after the Solich Firing. I can remember watching a bunch of guys in a Walmart complaining about Callahan right before the beginning of the 04 Season...they hadn't even played a game yet and these guys were pretty venomous about him. People like that have never given him an even chance or tried to find even one good thing to say about the man.

Sometimes that attitude makes me want to quit following sports altogether. Totally ruins the fun of the game. Bill has done it to himself, sure. But he'd be on more solid footing right now if there hadn't been all of the anger over Frank when he first came here, and if a certain segment of the fan base hadn't held their feelings about that against him. That's part of it too.

Well in Callahan's defense, the fans never did get behind him, ever.

I'm calling BS on this nonsense. BC & Co. enjoyed sellout crowds for every one his home games, always. And a larger contingent of Husker fans that traveled to away games than practically any other team in the nation. Hell, some of the away games were practically neutralized by large number of NU fans that follow their team. It always irks me when folks try to blame the fans or media for BC's abysmal record and failures at NU. I suppose it was the fans fault in Oakland, the site of his last failure, when they went 4-12 and the team revolted against him.