West Coast Offense a Hoax?

I havent read through the entire thread. My opinion on the WCO is that, it's not a bad offense. It's a short controlled passing game. You can still run and pass. You can still be balanced.

I prefer throwing down field more & spreading the wide outs, instead of the bunched up formation & short passes, but's that's my style, my preference.

Different WCO for different flavors. Some are more complexed. High schools do not usually run them, and only a handful in college. It's best to have a QB who is running it for 4-8 years. Again, my thoughts.

you know....to be truthfull....i want cally to be gone but thers something holding me back and that is that........when a new coach installs a new philosphy he has to recruite his player he need for his system. but he cant do well in his first years with the kids they knew how to RUN THE OPTION NOT WCO so that does make it hard for a coach to make good progress....for instnse Bobby Petrino and the Falcons...but what im saying is that maybe his system would work if he got a 4-5 star QB and a 4-5 star WR we would be in great shape on offense but on defense....thats were i want cally out of here....