Ohhh I can't wait to read the reply's

Let's say T.O. keep's BC, makes some much needed changes in assistant coaches and stay's on as AD. That way BC can have a mentor to help learn the traditions at Nebraska.

Seems to me The Bob Father guided a Young red headed coach for several years before leaving the AD's office. BC has brought players in that have moments of greatness and like all kids make mistakes. the right mix of coaches under BC and TO could be just the ticket. Just a thought. Now fire away!

Let's say T.O. keep's BC, makes some much needed changes in assistant coaches and stay's on as AD. That way BC can have a mentor to help learn the traditions at Nebraska.

Seems to me The Bob Father guided a Young red headed coach for several years before leaving the AD's office. BC has brought players in that have moments of greatness and like all kids make mistakes. the right mix of coaches under BC and TO could be just the ticket. Just a thought. Now fire away!

I hope you have your helmet on!

Callahan doesn't need a mentor...he's done an excellent coaching job. Besides, football is probably too technical for Osborne to understand.

All I am saying is a offense that can put up points like they have in the last few games, matched with something resembling a defense could be very fun to watch. And could bring a few more Big 12 and national championships to Lincoln.

Well it would never happen in the way you've described. One, its not good for team chemistry when the AD basically tells the head coach who his assistants are gonna be. Two, do you really think Os has faith enough in Cally to let him hire new assistance like Solich was given the opportunity to do?

I really do think between the 2 of them they could do some great things. Granted I don't think it will but you never know.

Callahan doesn't need a mentor...he's done an excellent coaching job. Besides, football is probably too technical for Osborne to understand.

All I am saying is a offense that can put up points like they have in the last few games, matched with something resembling a defense could be very fun to watch. And could bring a few more Big 12 and national championships to Lincoln.

I think it's pretty much over by now. The next HC will take BC's playbook as he moves into his office.

Yes, it was a brutal season, in so many ways. “But I love each and every one of (the players) individually,” Callahan said. “They’re great kids and you learn life lessons going through a season like this.” BC after todays game.

Sounds like Nebraska values to me. I really think the guy cares and will do what it takes to improve.

You want the guy that had Bill Walsh watch his practices in the NFL to debase his ego and allow T.O. to mentor him? :rollin

T.O. was B.D. Offensive Cordinator before being named HC and I read where he never tried to tell Osborne how to run his team.

You want the guy that had Bill Walsh watch his practices in the NFL to debase his ego and allow T.O. to mentor him? :rollin

T.O. was B.D. Offensive Cordinator before being named HC and I read where he never tried to tell Osborne how to run his team.

I have a feeling the Bob and Tom had some father/ son talks about tom's team. that's all I am saying.