Now the head coaches position is open thing I got out of T.O. pressconference 1. Search will begin today. 2. Agent or headhunter for Osborne has been retained and is fielding possible canidates for the job. 3.Osbornes secretary will be very busy today if not Osbornes cell phone is ringing off the hook. 4.Turner Gill talks to Osborne every week for 2 years now and Tom was best man at Turner Gills wedding I think Turner would walk through fire for the man. Head coach pick will be by next weekend if not sooner university rules he must talk to 4 candidates.

Now the head coaches position is open thing I got out of T.O. pressconference 1. Search will begin today. 2. Agent or headhunter for Osborne has been retained and is fielding possible canidates for the job. 3.Osbornes secretary will be very busy today if not Osbornes cell phone is ringing off the hook. 4.Turner Gill talks to Osborne every week for 2 years now and Tom was best man at Turner Gills wedding I think Turner would walk through fire for the man. Head coach pick will be by next weekend if not sooner university rules he must talk to 4 candidates.

I like Turner Gill as a head coach, but I have doubts about whether Lincoln would accept a black guy in that position.

I like Turner Gill as a head coach, but I have doubts about whether Lincoln would accept a black guy in that position.

:asshat :asshat :asshat :asshat :asshat :asshat :asshat

Turner Gill may be ready to be Nebraska's head coach someday, but not yet IMHO. He'd be a huge gamble (as would Bo Pelini). Let's give him some more time to develop as a coach and get someone more ready for the job now. Turner Gill will come whenever he is called, no reason to jump right now.

And just who do you think we will get that is so hot? Atleast with Turner we are getting someone who understands the traditions and values. And no one is going to just sit around and wait till we are ready to call, PEOPLE are not pets, they will go on with their lives. I have believed that Turner should have been the coach since Solich was let go, if not before.

Turner Gill wouldn't even on anybody's radar if it weren't for his Nebraska ties. You think other BCS schools with open jobs are seriously considering Turner Gill? That should tell you something. Maybe he'd work out, but it would be a HUGE gamble.

If Nebraska ties are the only thing that matters, we may as well bring back Frank Solich.

If Turner Gill becomes head coach, I'll support the choice and hope for the best...but Nebraska fans better be more patient than they have been with the last two coaches.

Didnt say Gill would be coach reading on other message boards everyone is reporting ten candidates have been contacted not the case Osborne has talked to no one about the job just has hired a head hunter or agent to see if anyones interested I live in Grand island Nebraska close to where Scott Frost grew up and Tom Rathman was a year ahead of me in school I know him personally and even those names have been thrown out there for weeks now all I know is Osborne is the best man for the position and he shows alot of integrity and he sticks to his word and I wont believe nothing till I hear it come from him. Besides Osborne is in omaha at the Qwest center for todays basketball game.

Give me a break....

Wow, you really think Lincoln is that shallow and racist? I don't think the color of his skin would make any difference to most Nebraska people at all. Turner may not be ready for this, but he would be accepted with open arms.

I'd say Turner is someone that could probably show up for dinner unannounced at virtually any home in this state on thanksgiving day and be welcomed like a member of the family.

:asshat :asshat :asshat :asshat :asshat :asshat :asshat

agree, that was a stupid ass comment!

Turner Gill wouldn't even on anybody's radar if it weren't for his Nebraska ties. You think other BCS schools with open jobs are seriously considering Turner Gill? That should tell you something. Maybe he'd work out, but it would be a HUGE gamble.

If Nebraska ties are the only thing that matters, we may as well bring back Frank Solich.

If Turner Gill becomes head coach, I'll support the choice and hope for the best...but Nebraska fans better be more patient than they have been with the last two coaches.

agree, but we may need someone back here to do things the Nebraska way....he knows how it was done when we were successful before, it's been awhile, but can't you remember how we won games and not just the option offense?......our guys used to dominate people, beat them nearly to death, scare the sh#t out of them just trotting on to the field.........i remember.......

That has got to be THE stupidest f'ing thing I have ever read on this forum :angry:

As for Turner becoming the new HC, according to Husker Extra Pelini has been contacted. What I see playing out is IF Pelini takes the job, Gill could become the OC or at the very least, return to NU coaching in some capacity. If Pelini doesn't, then Gill moves to the head of the line of potential candidates.