We might not have liked our coaches...

But these guys really are some good people. They are ordinary folks just like us, except their job is the most criticized one in the state of Nebraska. After reading the article on huskers.com, alot of the assistants want to stay on the staff, and for all that they have gone through that really says alot. They truly do care about the program, and i have nothing but respect for all of our assistants and Callahan.

Good Luck to all of them on their future jobs. (I would like to see a couple stay on though :thumbs )

But these guys really are some good people. They are ordinary folks just like us, except their job is the most criticized one in the state of Nebraska. After reading the article on huskers.com, alot of the assistants want to stay on the staff, and for all that they have gone through that really says alot. They truly do care about the program, and i have nothing but respect for all of our assistants and Callahan.

Good Luck to all of them on their future jobs. (I would like to see a couple stay on though :thumbs )

:yeah:woo

I've read this board for ages but never posted until today. I'm a former "nobody" UNL benchwarmer & have watched this season with as much pain, frustration & disappointment as anyone.

That being said....General Blackshirt is right. Not that some assistants should stay so much - I don't know enough about any of them to make that judgement.

He's right that these are good people. As a coaching staff, something obviously went horribly wrong - but I don't think there's a "bad egg" among them. They did their best (as they see it) and they failed - so the end result is a new staff. That's fine.

I just don't get the "ha ha - Callahan got fired" mentality. I agree it's a good thing for the program and definately the right decision - but the rationale for the nastiness escapes me. This staff didn't intentionally screw up....they just screwed up.

Let it go, move on & enjoy the search for the next coach. (And hope it works out better this time!)

GO BIG RED!

I've read this board for ages but never posted until today. I'm a former "nobody" UNL benchwarmer & have watched this season with as much pain, frustration & disappointment as anyone.

That being said....General Blackshirt is right. Not that some assistants should stay so much - I don't know enough about any of them to make that judgement.

He's right that these are good people. As a coaching staff, something obviously went horribly wrong - but I don't think there's a "bad egg" among them. They did their best (as they see it) and they failed - so the end result is a new staff. That's fine.

I just don't get the "ha ha - Callahan got fired" mentality. I agree it's a good thing for the program and definately the right decision - but the rationale for the nastiness escapes me. This staff didn't intentionally screw up....they just screwed up.

Let it go, move on & enjoy the search for the next coach. (And hope it works out better this time!)

GO BIG RED!

It comes with the maturity of certian Husker fans. Those same people get excited to see other people fail because it makes them temporarily forget that they in fact are the true failures!

I too want to wish them the best as well. A recent article that just went up on ljs.com pointed that some of Callahan's best atributes were ones that hurt him as well. No one can argue this staff was professional, hard working and commited to their jobs. Obviously they did not get the results done. I would rather have Nebraska in the media for not winning football games than for NCAA violations, players in trouble all the time with the law, coaches spewing on national TV about the referees, press conference blow ups spreading their face and being the laughing stock of america. Again, I am glad things are changing and the tide will turn, but this staff was professional and ran a clean ship. For that, I can be grateful for.