I finally figured it out

MVPujols

Alright. After watching that Texas Tech offense and how good they were just score and score, i wondered.. how come a team that runs that offense cant win a NC? I mean, Florida doesnt run that. WV doesnt run that (i dont think).

The reason is, you score so fast that the D is on the field a lot and gets tired and falls appart

Alright. After watching that Texas Tech offense and how good they were just score and score, i wondered.. how come a team that runs that offense cant win a NC? I mean, Florida doesnt run that. WV doesnt run that (i dont think).

The reason is, you score so fast that the D is on the field a lot and gets tired and falls appart

Im not sure, but my guess is because its a very incosistent offense depending on the day. Texas Tech ran up and down the field on Oklahoma, but was shut down against Colorado. Heck, a Bill Callahan coached team should have beaten them in 2005. :thumbs

Im not sure, but my guess is because its a very incosistent offense depending on the day. Texas Tech ran up and down the field on Oklahoma, but was shut down against Colorado. Heck, a Bill Callahan coached team should have beaten them in 2005. :thumbs

It's hard to run the clock down when needed most of those offense have no running game when needed. They have to resort to passing all the time and every incomplete pass just helps the other team. Remember when Nebraska would take 5 to 8 minutes off the clock when they wanted to shorten the game. Take the Missouri game yesterday where they had that 28-7 lead and kept on passing. The spread is nice but it's not a offense that you can run to take 5 to 9 minutes of time off the clock.

Texas Tech and Hawaii run it. Houston Cougars used to do it with David Klinger and Andre Ware. The thing is, really good defenses can beat it. They get to the QB and can match up with speed. The good defenses (notch lower) can prepare against it, and can beat it as well, but not all the time. Then factor in the weather changes in November which makes it more difficult to grip the ball. And then finally what was said in previous post about not being able to run out some clock, and defenses being on the field a lot. You score a lot, you give up a lot too.