Penn St. progress report

Penn St. Rating?????????  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At this point in the season, I like what I see so far. From the looks of the D they appear to have that heart and moxie back from years past. Hopefully that pride alone will win several games this year, b/c the offense doesn’t seem to have the potency.

Although I will say - even though Im one of the only ones - that Lord is making progress. He’s certainly not the natural talent that Dailey is, but unfortunately talent wont get us through those tight games in Boulder and Austin. We’ve invested a lot of time in Lord and need his experience. But I do think the coaches are on to something with letting the D dictate the game. Minimize the opps for Lord to F up, which means run the ball and run the ball. If he can just connect on that 35 yard TE up the middle once every 15 plays, we may be able to mimic what we did w/ Frazier – who was NOT a good passer, I don’t give a sh#t what the drunks say. The only reason Frazier had the success he did was b/c Lo-Jack Lawrence Philips and Ahman Green and co opened sh#t up like a Texas cheerleader for him.

Anyway, you never know, Ohio State pulled it off last year with a 1 sided approach.

:blink:

Just my red beers worth-

Whatta ya other yutz'z think????????

GBR!

BRM

Good points. I like the vision of the Frazier replication, but just dont think we have the O-Line to pull it off. They are improved, but not the same caliber as the 'Pipeline' that went an entire season without a friggin sack!! That is still one of the most amazing accomplishments in CF history. Cant remember which season, wasnt it '95?? Nonetheless, I know it was with Frazier, so much of his cred should go to the Big Boys up front.

If Lord can NOT F-up ala the OSU QB from last year, we may have a shot at the Big 12 North. He just doesnt have the gamesmanship however to win the conference, or a Natty title. :(

But overall I am chillin!! B)

GBR

B-shirt