Gill will be named head coach by the latest, Monday. Reasons TO likes Gill;

1. He has proven in two years that he can motivate lesser talent to overachieve.

2. He brings integrity to the program (not saying others won't, TO KNOWS Gill will).

3. He will not "gut" the entire coaching staff -- likely to keep on a vast majority of assitants.

4. TO will stay on for two years as Interim AD and Mentor Gill, and Gill is most likely to listen to a lot of what TO has to say.

The two assitants I know will go, and their replacements:

KC --> Jimmy Williams will be Co-DC and LB coach.

PE --> Marvin Sanders will be Co-DC and Secondary Coach.

The rest, for the most part, will remain, pending interviews by Gill.

There, that is my guess and I'm sticking to it.

1. He has proven in two years that he can motivate lesser talent to overachieve.

2. He brings integrity to the program (not saying others won't, TO KNOWS Gill will).

3. He will not "gut" the entire coaching staff -- likely to keep on a vast majority of assitants.

4. TO will stay on for two years as Interim AD and Mentor Gill, and Gill is most likely to listen to a lot of what TO has to say.

If that were the case then why in hell did we even hire a search firm? My biggest draw back on Gill will be is this....Who actually will be running the team? The HC or the AD? For that EXACT reason that is why I don't want Gill here! I am beginning to think that many who want Gill back are really hoping that TO runs the team with Gill being the "yes man" that carries out the orders, coaching, etc. Again, that is one of the main reasons I DON'T want Gill here! Yes it was a hell of a run in the 90's, thinking about it still makes people feel all warm and fuzzy. Watching Osborne out think the other team, rolling through the Big 12 schools and then playing in NC games. I admit those days were great as a Husker fan. I guess what I am trying to say is this, the Days of Tom Osborne coaching the Huskers ARE OVER. Some of us need to LET IT GO!

If that were the case then why in hell did we even hire a search firm? My biggest draw back on Gill will be is this....Who actually will be running the team? The HC or the AD? For that EXACT reason that is why I don't want Gill here! I am beginning to think that many who want Gill back are really hoping that TO runs the team with Gill being the man that carries out the orders, coaching, etc. Again, that is one of the main reasons I DON'T want Gill here!

I don't know if this will be the best move either, and I'm not trying to stump for TG to be the next HC. I just think (based on everything I've read), that this is the plan.

The reason for the search firm -- my guess is that TO didn't KNOW he wanted to hire Gill when the search firm was hired (my guess two or three weeks ago). He justed wanted a very short list of interested candidates to bring in a coach quickly.

If that were the case then why in hell did we even hire a search firm? My biggest draw back on Gill will be is this....Who actually will be running the team? The HC or the AD? For that EXACT reason that is why I don't want Gill here! I am beginning to think that many who want Gill back are really hoping that TO runs the team with Gill being the "yes man" that carries out the orders, coaching, etc. Again, that is one of the main reasons I DON'T want Gill here! Yes it was a hell of a run in the 90's, thinking about it still makes people feel all warm and fuzzy. Watching Osborne out think the other team, rolling through the Big 12 schools and then playing in NC games. I admit those days were great as a Husker fan. I guess what I am trying to say is this, the Days of Tom Osborne coaching the Huskers ARE OVER. Some of us need to LET IT GO!

I am one who would love to see Gill as a HC (not that I would mind having Pelini or Johnson or...etc).

Tom hires a search firm to come up with coaches to help keep his personal bias out of the equation up front. It gives him a list of potential canidates that he has not hand picked (though maybe his search criteria help a couple get on the list).

I also believe Tom will NOT interfere with the coaching at all. Gill is his own man and has proven he knows how to establish a staff and allow his assistents do there work. This is probably the one reason I like Gill over Pelini. Gill does not have the be the overall motivator -- he needs just to make sure he has the right mix of people in to do that work.

Why would you assume Turner is a YES MAN just because he coached under T.O.?

I don't think this was directed at me, but in case it was, I don't think TG is a Yes Man; however, I do think he will listen to what TO has to say. I don't think our former coach even wanted to hear TO speak.

I only say TO will stay on because TG only has 2 years of HC experience.

Wow - all the hatred just because TG was coaching on a team that had one of the best runs in college football. I don't think TO will coach again, and yes, I have let it go. However, to have 25 years of very successful HC experience to ask questions and to bounce ideas off of now and again is not a bad thing.

Why would you assume Turner is a YES MAN just because he coached under T.O.?

I don't think this was directed at me, but in case it was, I don't think TG is a Yes Man; however, I do think he will listen to what TO has to say. I don't think our former coach even wanted to hear TO speak.

I only say TO will stay on because TG only has 2 years of HC experience.

No it wasn't personally directed towards you, it was a general statement.

No because everywhere I read people keep saying that Gill is TO's man! I guess people are misunderstanding my liking of the guy! I think Turner is a great man but my personal opinion is that I don't want him as the new HC.

I kind of agree -- I'm not sure that I think he is the best man for the job either. I just think this is what is going to happen.