Gill getting some love

Reporting from Buffalo

"Turner Gill didn't want to field any questions about the Nebraska job Thursday night when a Buffalo News reporter tried to get some information on the subject.

Like mentioned on the previous blog, Gill's football team was honored at halftime of a University at Buffalo basketball game.

Gill thanked the school president and the team took a picture at mid-court.

Only about 2,000 people were in attendance, but when the team left the floor the students started a chant: "Turner, Stay! Turner, Stay!"

And that's all for your nightly report from Buffalo."

Good for Turner. But something tells me 2,000 fans at a Buffalo game won't sway him out of his desire to lead the Huskers out of the tunnel at Memorial Stadium.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

My wife and I were sitting in the rain in the South End Zone when Sophmore Turner Gill came into the game, took the reins of the Husker offence and came from behind to beat Auburn.

This guy has that spark that separates the special leaders from the guys who can just yell, "Let's go." I hope we don't let him slip away because I feel he is the future of Husker Football.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

I suspect TO wants to make sure and interview all top canidates for the HC job before making his decision. I take him at his word that nothing has been offered yet. I suspect that there are several interviews being conducted or that have been conducted this week with less fan fair. That may be why the Norfolk Iron plane blocked flight info, or the interviews could have been done by phone.

I want Turner. I have wanted him as our head coach for over 4 years. But I will support whoever TO chooses.

:restore