Okay, let me begin this post by stating that first off, I don't really believe this rumor I've heard. Second off, this isn't meant to be a joke, the fiftieth stupid story about the next head coach. This is a true story, this did happen, I was there, heard it with my own ears, etc. and so forth. However, again, I don't actually believe this, I'm only telling you what I've heard.

On we go.

So, I was standing at a bus stop about a week ago after Thanksgiving break. I spot a kid I've spoken with before at the exact same place, as we both keep our cars in this lot and have to take the bus back into the city. He's a Nebraska fan and his aunt works in the athletic department. I can't comfirm this, but I'm a pretty good judge of bullsh#t, and given that this kid and I have had some good conversations, I don't have a real reason to think he's just jerking me off. There's no motivation for him to do so––we don't see each other except for occasionally at the bus stop.

Now, what he told me was something to the effect of: "My aunt works in the athletic department and has said that Bo Pelini will be the next head coach. This has been the plan for awhile now, and she and the people she works with have seen him a couple of times in the department. They have everything worked out and he should be announced sometime soon."

The problem that I have with this story is that he was emphatic that the ink had all but dried on the contract about midway through the season when Tom Osborne was supposedly unaware of the candidates the firm had contacted, and certainly not through the interview process let alone offered the position. It could be he got the story mixed up, misunderstood something, got the story second-hand through his parents, whatever. However I believe that HE believes the story. What I don't know is if he's wrong.

At the end of it all I suppose it doesn't matter. Even if Pelini is named next week it doesn't really validate him––he could just be a good guesser. That, and it's looking like a 50/50 chance between Turner and Bo. But with all the sh#t flying around, I suppose I should throw the only fragile link I have to any 'inside information' into the blender.

Again, just so I don't get reamed by the natives, I don't believe this, I can't confirm this, I put no stock in it, I have no idea if it's true, and I have no further information. You now know everything that I know, and chances are I won't be able to get anythign else. I just thought that someone might be able to validate it with some of their own information they might have come across.

Good night, and good luck.

X

My only comment about seeing him in the athletic dept or him allegedly being there is: "when?" He has a job right now that I'm assuming takes up most of his time and doesn't exactly allow for jaunts to Nebraska from Louisiana. Anyway, I'm not saying I don't believe you or this rumor, just that it might have been exaggerated for the purpose of emphasizing the seriousness of it.

My only comment about seeing him in the athletic dept or him allegedly being there is: "when?" He has a job right now that I'm assuming takes up most of his time and doesn't exactly allow for jaunts to Nebraska from Louisiana. Anyway, I'm not saying I don't believe you or this rumor, just that it might have been exaggerated for the purpose of emphasizing the seriousness of it.

Exactly. You can believe me that this conversation did indeed take place. But there are a number of reasons to question the story I was told.

In a few days everything should be sorted out.

Exactly. You can believe me that this conversation did indeed take place. But there are a number of reasons to question the story I was told.

See, that's the danger in posting "real" rumors. My wife sends me an email and she really does temp at NETV, but *I* have no way of knowing if she was told a rumor or if someone was screwing around with her. I have a couple of doubts about her story, like the fact that they said the coach they hired was "from the east," but you have go with what you have.

All you can do is post what you know, and if it's right it's right and if it's wrong it's wrong.