Christina Houghtelling?

Article in the LJS on her

Houghtelling's status vs. MSU still uncertain

BY TODD HENRICHS / Lincoln Journal Star

Friday, Dec 07, 2007 - 12:08:34 am CST

Nebraska senior All-American Christina Houghtelling participated in Thursday’s open practice, but her status for Friday's Madison Regional semifinal match against Michigan State remains questionable.

Nebraska head coach John Cook said the back spasms that have beset Houghtelling for the past week are day-to-day, moment-to-moment type of thing. Houghtelling did start against Wichita State in the second round but left the match midway through game one after her back once again tightened up.

If Houghtelling can’t go, freshman Tara Mueller should benefit from the postseason experience that she gained last weekend. An energetic, bubbly personality off the court, Mueller’s teammates say she’s a different player in matches and in practice.

“Definitely, on the court, if one little thing goes wrong, if I step in the wrong spot, I know it and I have to fix it,” Mueller said. “I am a bit of a perfectionist.”