2008 Colorado game

husker76

For those wondering, I've moved all the off-topic posts in this thread to a thread in the Woodshed. Continue it there, if you must. LINK

And please stay on topic.

Sorry bout that. You know how I get. I recently stopped smoking and drinking , so i'm a bit on edge.

OU and OSU and also TX and A&M claim their rivalries would draw more viewers on Friday and the Big XII has it under consideration to move one of those matchups to Friday.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

First the Big 12 F---s up NU vr OU (no offence BB and sCrUm, I ready to accept the new rivalry thing and move on) and now they are thinking of F---in' us again. I say dump the Texas schools and go back to the Big Eight. After all they needed us more than we needed them.

>>>T_O_B

If the Big 12 dismantled I would want the Pac 10, just because of the natural recruiting base that we use to begin with. No offense taken TO, I know that a lot of you guys pine away for OU, as I have stated before, NU is my rival, OU may be yours, but OU's is Texas, we're all bridesmaids....lol

If the Big 12 dismantled I would want the Pac 10, just because of the natural recruiting base that we use to begin with. No offense taken TO, I know that a lot of you guys pine away for OU, as I have stated before, NU is my rival, OU may be yours, but OU's is Texas, we're all bridesmaids....lol

Sometimes I think it would make more sense for CU to be Mountain West or Pac 10. I'm probably wrong, but Boulder just seems too far away from the other big 12 schools.. just my thought. Without the OU game I could see NU going to the Big 10 one day too.

I don't think I would WANT it that way in either case though.

Probably becuase ABC no longer thinks we are worthy enough to gurantee our TV spot.

Well, it's not like it's any kind of a rivalry game... :woo

The only people that think that game is a rivalry is Colorado fans....I will not call that a rivalry game, because I am not going to legitimize their crappy football program or fans that have no class. :box

For those wondering, I've moved all the off-topic posts in this thread to a thread in the Woodshed. Continue it there, if you must. LINK

And please stay on topic.

Sorry bout that. You know how I get. I recently stopped smoking and drinking , so i'm a bit on edge.

OU and OSU and also TX and A&M claim their rivalries would draw more viewers on Friday and the Big XII has it under consideration to move one of those matchups to Friday.

It was OU, until the Big 8 changed to the Big XII. It still is OU in a sense, at least a lot more than colorado.

This is true for the Husker side, but Oklahoma always felt their real rivalry was with Texas. The way I remember it, it left me feeling a bit like our bong-toting neighbors in Boulder must feel about NU. (And I say that in good fun and with firsthand experience as a long-detoxed CU alum.)

Probably becuase ABC no longer thinks we are worthy enough to gurantee our TV spot.

Well, it's not like it's any kind of a rivalry game... :woo

The only people that think that game is a rivalry is Colorado fans....I will not call that a rivalry game, because I am not going to legitimize their crappy football program or fans that have no class. :box

From here on out, I will not call Nebraska a rivarly because I'm not going to legitimize their unjustifiably snooty football program or fans that boo their coaches' children and respond to losing with death threats.

Can I get a "touche" from the congregation? :box

I wish the game would be moved to Thanksgiving day. That would be more exciting than the usually boring NFL games.

Cowboy games have not been too bad, but man, those Lions' games are miserable.

The games (Nebraska-Oklahoma) used to be played on Thanksgiving Day, went to several of them. Nebraska-Colorado is still a good game for being set aside for Friday, as Nebraska and Colorado are traditionally North powers. It'll be on Friday.

First the Big 12 F---s up NU vr OU (no offence BB and sCrUm, I ready to accept the new rivalry thing and move on) and now they are thinking of F---in' us again. I say dump the Texas schools and go back to the Big Eight. After all they needed us more than we needed them.

>>>T_O_B

Kind of seems like we might as well accept it. Not like our feelings on the matter were considered when the new conference was formed. As time goes on, if we can have competetive games without the gang warfare that has gone on it might become one for us. This year's game seems to have gone off well. Hope things stay clean in the future.

I was thinking the other day if we had some kind of trophy to battle over it might help move things in that direction.

Can I get a "touche" from the congregation? :box

Oh, there you touche feely types go again. That's SSSSOOOOOOOO People's Republic of Boulder!

:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance

Actually, I had a blast at the game this year. All but one fan were pretty fun to jaw with during the game and that exception left before half and didn't come back until CU was way ahead. Even the CU folks were bashin' him.

You just gotta love college!!!

Hopefully Hawkins will improve it to a legit rivalry. He has what seems to be a good attitude.

I happen to LOVE the mountains of CO. and when visiting, the people in the mountains are always very nice and have never given us a hard time. I'd live there if I could afford it but of course would always be a Husker!