Pelini's Dream Job

I believe what he meant was being a HC at a big name college is his dream job, not specifically Nebraska.

If he actually said it that is.

Maybe so, but that isn't how it is being reported...

Of course its not, What do you think is a better story, a coach who tells his players that being a HC at a major school is his dream job or a coach who tells his players that his dream job is coaching the huskers back to the promised land. Its all about the media young grasshopper. :corndance

I believe what he meant was being a HC at a big name college is his dream job, not specifically Nebraska.

Of course its not, What do you think is a better story, a coach who tells his players that being a HC at a major school is his dream job or a coach who tells his players that his dream job is coaching the huskers back to the promised land. Its all about the media young grasshopper. :corndance

You're quite the conspiracy theorist. :)

I think the conversation was something like this...

BP: Nebraska HC is my dream job

LSU Players: Really?

BP: Yes, I will get paid lots of money and if I really screw things up in a couple of years Ill get a big fat paycheck and will never have to work again. If that isnt a dream job, I dont know what is.

You're quite the conspiracy theorist. :)

I just know how the media works. The media does stories that will get the biggest reaction out of people and they did it in a way this story that it makes it seem like he said the NU HC job was his dream job to a lot of Husker fans which would generate a lot of reaction. Plain and simple. :thumbs

I just know how the media works. The media does stories that will get the biggest reaction out of people and they did it in a way this story that it makes it seem like he said the NU HC job was his dream job to a lot of Husker fans which would generate a lot of reaction. Plain and simple. :thumbs

Well, the media's job is to report the news, not to generate buzz or excitment. Most news outlets take that responsibility seriously -- a few, like Fox News, do not.

:laughpound

Well, the media's job is to report the news, not to generate buzz or excitment. Most news outlets take that responsibility seriously -- a few, like Fox News, do not.

Like Fox News?

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

Yeah...the major networks don't generate buzz or spin anything do they? Oh, Lord. :LOLtartar

Sorry - just made me giggle....a lot.

Bottom line - we'll never know what was said in the LSU locker room for 100% sure...but who cares? Looks like he's coming.

Like Fox News?

Yeah...the major networks don't generate buzz or spin anything do they? Oh, Lord. :LOLtartar

Bottom line - we'll never know what was said in the LSU locker room for 100% sure...but who cares? Looks like he's coming.

Additionally, given the fact that intentionally misquoting someone could easily result in a lawsuit, most news outlets won't do it simply for that reason.

Like Fox News?

Additionally, given the fact that intentionally misquoting someone could easily result in a lawsuit, most news outlets won't do it simply for that reason.

Yeah..

Like ESPN reporting the Miles is the new head coach at Michigan. The media is out to generate buzz and excitement. Where have you been?

Like Fox News?

BTW, If you read the article correctly it said the player said Pelini told them that he was taking his dream job which could be misinterpreted by Husker fans as the Husker HC job is his dream job. But in reality he probably meant t HC job at a big school is his dream job.

So in reality, the media just put it in a way that they were correct in what he said but left it so people could interpret it differently.

Like Fox News?

That's when you use the phrase " Sources close to ("the program" or whatever) so you never have to worry about being truly accurate ". Major networks not generating buzz or excitement when reporting their "news" is a complete joke. Please

Yeah..

Like ESPN reporting the Miles is the new head coach at Michigan. The media is out to generate buzz and excitement. Where have you been?

I wouldn't exactly put ESPN on the same level of journalistic integrity as the Lincoln Journal Star, Omaha World-Herald, or the other news outlets that have reported the Pelini "dream job" comment. Newspapers probably have the most journalistic integrity. ESPN is near the bottom of the list.

I think the conversation was something like this...

BP: Nebraska HC is my dream job

LSU Players: Really?

BP: Yes, I will get paid lots of money and if I really screw things up in a couple of years Ill get a big fat paycheck and will never have to work again. If that isnt a dream job, I dont know what is.

You forgot the part and if everything turn out right I'll be treated like a god!!!