Non-Quiters

DaveH

Maybe since these two are on the team and know what's going on they are telling the truth. Not saying they are just maybe. Even Sievers said there were kids that never gave the coaches a chance. So weeding out a few with negative vibes is alright in my book.

Or maybe Bradley is sucking up because he knows that he has to deal with this staff for a period of time, and he doesnt want to get treated the same way that Birkel and Pilk have been.

Maybe since these two are on the team and know what's going on they are telling the truth.  Not saying they are just maybe.  Even Sievers said there were kids that never gave the coaches a chance. So weeding out a few with negative vibes is alright in my book.

Or maybe Bradley is sucking up because he knows that he has to deal with this staff for a period of time, and he doesnt want to get treated the same way that Birkel and Pilk have been.

I never would of expected a negative response from you of all people.

I think it was pretty plain to see in the OWH article that Bradley wasn't sucking up. He came off rather ticked off that one of his teammates was pissing up a storm. He wasn't suprised though.

Maybe since these two are on the team and know what's going on they are telling the truth.  Not saying they are just maybe.  Even Sievers said there were kids that never gave the coaches a chance. So weeding out a few with negative vibes is alright in my book.

It breaks down like this. Pilkington quit football and had nothing to say really.

Birkel's main gripe was PT. Well, good luck with whatever school you go to bud.

Chris Patrick is staying with the team now.

Ross and Bradley actually BELIEVE in doing well and show it in their play. Well at least Ross has so far undoubtedly. Actions speak louder than words. If that's true, Ross wrote quite the novel this year and I expect the same next year.

I refuse to believe that the current staff has simply weaseled their way through every job they had, somehow fooling all their superiors as you would have everyone believe. And of course, everyone else knows better. Right. Everyone is a coach. Everyone knows what's best. Like newearthsaid it's a state job. Go for it. The fact is that they know what they want to do and they know how to get the guys to do it.

Bring on spring ball because I am sick of talking about this garbage.

I refuse to believe that the current staff has simply weaseled their way through every job they had, somehow fooling all their superiors as you would have everyone believe. And of course, everyone else knows better. Right. Everyone is a coach. Everyone knows what's best. Like newearthsaid it's a state job. Go for it. The fact is that they know what they want to do and they know how to get the guys to do it.

Bring on spring ball because I am sick of talking about this garbage.

HALLE - FREAKING - LUJAH!!!!!

I'm sure bradley loves the staff, since he has hardly ever played before and these guys come here and he starts, of course he is going to like them. Whats going to happen when all these jucos who he's promising to start play instead of him though? Probably the same things that are going on now. Things aren't going to be good with his our team with his player relations skills. Getting guys to come here by promising them they will start will only work so long.

I'm sure bradley loves the staff, since he has hardly ever played before and these guys come here and he starts, of course he is going to like them. Whats going to happen when all these jucos who he's promising to start play instead of him though? Probably the same things that are going on now. Things aren't going to be good with his our team with his player relations skills. Getting guys to come here by promising them they will start will only work so long.

I hadn't thought of that but its true. I wonder how many promises Bill is dishing out to get these guys here. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out next year.

Getting guys to come here by promising them they will start will only work so long.

Every freakin coach recruiting soes this. If you don't think they so you are kidding yourself.

There's a difference between saying "you will compete for playing time right away and I don't have any problems playing you if you earn it. And I think you'll earn it because you're great and blablabla..." all coaches say that...but there's a difference between that and saying: "If you come to Nebraska, YOU WILL PLAY early and often this year."

Getting guys to come here by promising them they will start will only work so long.

Every freakin coach recruiting soes this. If you don't think they so you are kidding yourself.

There's a difference between saying "you will compete for playing time right away and I don't have any problems playing you if you earn it. And I think you'll earn it because you're great and blablabla..." all coaches say that...but there's a difference between that and saying: "If you come to Nebraska, YOU WILL PLAY early and often this year."

Right, but there is no evidence that the latter is happening. I would hope, however, that the staff is using the posibility of early play time as a recruiting tool. Let's not get too cynical here.

Right, but there is no evidence that the latter is happening. I would hope, however, that the staff is using the posibility of early play time as a recruiting tool. Let's not get too cynical here.

I think this works well to some extent. When the coaches say that, they haven't 'coached' the kid yet. I don't think any coach is going to keep a player on the bench that could really perform well instead of playing a kid that's 'really nice' or 'works hard in practice.' Coaches need to have the best players on the field together. Bohl was one coach who didn't do this. I could never understand why he had Demorrio Williams and TJ Hollowell split time at the same position. Very baffling.