BCS -- Playoff -- Your thoughts...

T_O_Bull

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

The BCS has been a travesty ever since it started. It has been bad for college football and bad for the fans. Playing the NC game on any day other than New Years Day stinks, STINKS. If we are going to have a play off then lets do it. Have the regular season determine who plays in conference championship games. Seven conference champions and one at large team or the best ranked team from a mid major. Use six of the lesser bowls for the two rounds to come up with the teams for the NC. Then on New Years Day play 4 of the 5 major bowls and get the 8 teams in the playoffs who will then play for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th. The 5th major bowl gets Notre Dame against the highest rated team not in the playoff. Everything gets decided on New Years Day. No more stretching it out to what in a few years will be February. Finish up the season, get it over with, the wait in Dec has always been too long. I love college football but with the spring games, then summer and pre season magazines, and then 4+ months of season that's enough. I'm gettin' too old for this, I need time to recharge my batteries.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

Their should be playoffs i mean hell they have a system 4 baseball and basketball in college y not football??It would be so f'ing cool and easy 2 u just take the TOP10 teams and let them play for it ,i mean u have pplz bitchin and crying about how teams are gonna be losseing money i mean how so??If anything ur gonna be getting more money just buy haveing ur fans go 2 tha game!!I dont think its a money thing they just wanna see top schools in the national title if any thing becuzz god for bid ohio state lost in the playoffs 2 a team like hawaii or sumthing lol

Every football fan has a playoff scenario and many are very feasible, however, I agree with Kirk Herbstreit. There will NEVER be a playoff in Division 1 football because of the millions of dollars floating around the Bowl system. Money talks and the Bowl people own the money and will never agree to anything other than what they have today. He did say that it's possible that some day in the future there may be a "plus one" game but that will be as far as it ever gets.

Missouri got screwed!!!!!!!!!

There's no way that Kansas should have leaped over Mizzou - given the fact that Mizzou won the game against Kansas. Missouri actually got punished for PLAYING (and losing) in the B12 Championship game. Makes you wonder if the B12 should even have a championship game.....like the Big Ten (don't get me started on Ohio STate!!). They would have been better off losing to Kansas and having Kansas lose to Oklahoma. What a travesty.

Well why in the hell would you rank Mizzou # 1 after the kansas game in the 1st damn place??Wouldnt it make sence to wait after the big 12 game to rank them #1 if they beat OKLAHOMA?? :wtf

Don't expect the people involved in this to make sense.

Follow the money.

>>>T_O_B

STINKS!! This season is the perfect example of why we need a playoff, every one of the bowl teams have an argument to be in the National Championship. And yeah the bowls make a lot of $$ but a playoff would too. I mean look at how exciting the ncaa bball tourny is every year. I just think the whole bcs thing is rediculous and it needs to be fixed.

C_Bear

wELL IF THEY FIXX IT THEIR GONNA f#*k IT UP EVEN MORE LOL BESIDES U CANT TRY AND TELL ME THE GUYS THAT SIT BEHIND THA DESK YEA IM TALKIN BOUT THA COLLEGE FOOTBALL CREW DONT HAVE ANY THING 2 DO WITH IT BECUZZ I THINK THEY DO HAVE THINGS 2 DO WITH IT ATLEAST I BET CORSO'S OLD ASS DOES HE STILL MAD BECUZZ HE AINT NEVER WON A NATIONAL TITLE :lol:

Every football fan has a playoff scenario and many are very feasible, however, I agree with Kirk Herbstreit. There will NEVER be a playoff in Division 1 football because of the millions of dollars floating around the Bowl system. Money talks and the Bowl people own the money and will never agree to anything other than what they have today. He did say that it's possible that some day in the future there may be a "plus one" game but that will be as far as it ever gets.

yeah but money also makes everything worse too, especially when you get companies involved. I think a lot of the non major bowls don't have that bowl feel to them anymore because they are named stupid by companies. Hell i can barely watch the super bowl and that's if i am at home cause if im not i wouldn't even watch it lol. This year i think the bowl games are gonna have the lowest tv rating cause a lot of bowls don't have good matchups. It's a shame that all the conferences see is money cause college is starting to be like the nfl which is barely viewable at all.

I dunno. Yes, a playoff would be a hell of a lot less controversial. But i also think this season is a perfect example of why we don't need a playoff. Look at how much we pay attention to every game. The whole season is a big playoff system. A playoff does not mean the best two teams get in, either. Look at the Cardinals, or the Rockies, or the Cavaliers. A playoff rewards a good team at the end, and that could promote dogging towards the end of the regular season and rivalry games would mean almost nothing. Lose one and who cares, we can always move through the playoffs. I am not saying the BCS is perfect, because it is far from it. The bowl system will not go away, and I think we can only realistically hope for a plus one. I don't like the lay-off either, but at least I enjoy watching the three months of a regular season that means something. I hate to see teams get thrown off to the side, but so far I have not seen a system that I think will give us the best of both worlds. At least this gives us something to complain about.

I doubt it would solve anything. The real prob lem isn't the bowl games , it's the polls. Polls are based on opinion, that's what has to be taken out.

The only way I see a playoff system working is 4 separate leagues, each assigned to one of the 4 major BCS Bowls as it's "superbowl". Then you run the playoff system the same way the NFL does. That's what people really want...an NFL style system. Do that and quit taking polls altogether.

But to be truly FAIR...evry team has to have an equal shot, and equal coverage in the media. Otherwise it won't work. That's why I say break it all up into 4 leagues of 30 teams each. That way you have a better chance of smalle schools making playoffs. I mean, in any playoff system I've ever heard, a school like Louisiana-Monroe or Temple would still have about ZERO chance no matter what else happened. They just don't have the resources to compete with the USC's and LSU's of the world. THAT would have to change.

Fewer teams to compete against in your league means a greater chance of being competetive.

It might also require some form of college football draft to replace recruiting,m and a revenue sharing system.