Since there are very few new threads coming up on here and Rumorville slowly dying on the vine, I will start one.

I want to admit that I didn't think there was any chance that TO would hire Pelini. I thought there were enough ????'s to avoid taking the chance. When people posted that we need the fire of Pelini and we need a defensive head coach, I usually laughed. Any coach can hire a good DC and the problem would be solved. No amount of theatrics on the sideline will have the staying power necessary to make a great D, but right up front in the press conference there was TO talking about needing a defensive guy, and it being a main reason he took Bo.

So if you were as WRONG as I was, add your name to the list. Swallow your pride and remember, if Bo goes sub .500 for a few years and gets fired we can dig this up and look like the smart ones.

ill go on the record right now (as i have been the past few days) and say with bo, you're not going to be bad, but you'll never be "great"... ill check back in in a year or two.

how in the world do you know this? there is no way of know what type of a head coach he is going to be by the type of coordinator he was. I can tell you right now you don't nor have you had anyone in the recent future at LSU that would be a better OC then Bill Callahan......and he was a TERRIBLE coach.

Since there are very few new threads coming up on here and Rumorville slowly dying on the vine, I will start one.

I want to admit that I didn't think there was any chance that TO would hire Pelini. I thought there were enough ????'s to avoid taking the chance. When people posted that we need the fire of Pelini and we need a defensive head coach, I usually laughed. Any coach can hire a good DC and the problem would be solved. No amount of theatrics on the sideline will have the staying power necessary to make a great D, but right up front in the press conference there was TO talking about needing a defensive guy, and it being a main reason he took Bo.

So if you were as WRONG as I was, add your name to the list. Swallow your pride and remember, if Bo goes sub .500 for a few years and gets fired we can dig this up and look like the smart ones.

ill go on the record right now (as i have been the past few days) and say with bo, you're not going to be bad, but you'll never be "great"... ill check back in in a year or two.

how in the world do you know this? there is no way of know what type of a head coach he is going to be by the type of coordinator he was. I can tell you right now you don't nor have you had anyone in the recent future at LSU that would be a better OC then Bill Callahan......and he was a TERRIBLE coach.

insecure much? or just worried?

Wow. Some people sure took that the wrong way. I can be surprised he was picked, especially if I actually was surprised. I was purely just trying to read TO's mind about what I thought he would do and I was way off. Suppose I should have added something about being supportive of our new coach, which I am. And Glendower, I said IF because I don't expect it to happen.

Probably shouldn't have included that last sentence. It's probably the one that made the post look negative.

I was making a joke! You said that you would redirect people here if he does do badly, but because you said "if", it's not a prediction and you'd have been wrong in that instance, too, because the whole point of this thread is that you feel positive about his ascension to the throne of Huskerania. :) It's just a paradox, that's all.

I didn't think that this thread would get out of hand because I thought your whole post was fun and innocuous.

try realistic. stating the obvious. we dont know how this will turn out. I know I trust TO more than you. nothing against you, your just not him.

try realistic. stating the obvious. we dont know how this will turn out. I know I trust TO more than you. nothing against you, your just not him.

no, i'm realistic, and based off what i've read, the minute i joined i became the most realistic person on this board.

no, i'm realistic, and based off what i've read, the minute i joined i became the most realistic person on this board.

Hey! :lol:

I expect Solich, Part II.

any great coach can hire a good offensive coordinator as well, which is what Pelini will do

that is exactly 100% correct and he will basically stay out of the offensive scheme as well. he will delegate it to Watson and let him run with it. he will concentrate on defense and make great strides and bring this program back. he is smart enough to coach to HIS strength and let Watson do his thing. cally wasn't worth a sh#t at either one, at least Bo knows his talents and will focus his efforts in that direction. i think those that keep the faith will be pleasantly surprised.

the naysayers can log off and go bitch somewhere else. i prefer to give this guy a chance, at least 4-5 years and see where we go with this new bunch of coaches. chuckleshuffle

My main concern is with recruiting. So far, I'm not impressed (an Honorable Mention all-state from Class C??). Maybe it will improve once TO steps out of the picture . . . in 10 or 12 years, or so. LOL

I expect Solich, Part II.

That would be a bad thing? I'll take Solich record over Callahans any day.