Out of left field....but any Cornhusker history buffs out there?

_JT_

Can you tell me what the home jerseys would have looked like around 1952? I'm looking to make a replica of what my Grandpa would have worn when he was at Nebraska. I've seen pictures of some of the vintage jerseys, I guess I'm wondering if they would have had the stripes on the arms in 1952? I've seen both plain and striped in some of the old pictures I've seen.

Anyone out there able to help me out?

Thanks!

Actually I think the long sleeved shirts just had the number, no N. I'm referencing a book I have but it looks like the stripes started around that time. That same picture bhamhusker pointed out of Tam Novak from 1949 shows him in a white long sleeved away jersey with arm stripes. The stripes on the home jerseys occurred soon after. Until then they were all red.

JT - check out the pics of Bobby Reynolds and Fran Nagel in HuskerTape's link. Reynolds played from 50-52 and Nagel was there at the same time, maybe a year earlier or so. Judging by the image names, the pics of these guys were from 1950.

The old-school uniforms were kind of cool. Thankfully, the mascot has been updated since 1959:

mascot_59.JPG

(new Herbie and Lil Red are both preferable to this heh)

JT - check out the pics of Bobby Reynolds and Fran Nagel in HuskerTape's link. Reynolds played from 50-52 and Nagel was there at the same time, maybe a year earlier or so. Judging by the image names, the pics of these guys were from 1950.

The old-school uniforms were kind of cool. Thankfully, the mascot has been updated since 1959:

mascot_59.JPG

I sort of like him. He just needs some better shoes.

mascot_59.JPG

That is so... :corndance

mascot_59.JPG

The origin of the foam corn hat!!