How to make the Big 12 better

husker_fan

Seriously the Big 12 should be thinking about kicking Baylor out of the conference. They haven't done in anything in football since the Big 12 formed and have been nothing but bottom dwellers. At least Iowa State has had some ok seasons anything better than what Baylor has ever had in the Big 12. Yet here they are receiving money from bowls they never go to and continue to have poor seasons year in and year out.

If we get rid of Baylor good things will happen. The Big 12 would be a much stronger conference, wouldn't have to have a championship game with only 11 members which means every team plays everyone year in and year out, everyone could be happy that everyone's rivalry keeps intact. Look at the Big East they kicked out Temple because they sucked every year and the Big East got better. We should be thinking about doing the same with Baylor because being in a mid-major conference would benefit them more than sucking in the Big 12. Yes i know the Big 12 CCG brings in money but I don't think it is nowhere near as the bowl money that the whole conference gets. Plus they also suck at basketball, i mean is there any sport Baylor has won in the Big 12?

Baylor needs to go!!!

Seriously the Big 12 should be thinking about kicking Baylor out of the conference. They haven't done in anything in football since the Big 12 formed and have been nothing but bottom dwellers. At least Iowa State has had some ok seasons anything better than what Baylor has ever had in the Big 12. Yet here they are receiving money from bowls they never go to and continue to have poor seasons year in and year out.

If we get rid of Baylor good things will happen. The Big 12 would be a much stronger conference, wouldn't have to have a championship game with only 11 members which means every team plays everyone year in and year out, everyone could be happy that everyone's rivalry keeps intact. Look at the Big East they kicked out Temple because they sucked every year and the Big East got better. We should be thinking about doing the same with Baylor because being in a mid-major conference would benefit them more than sucking in the Big 12. Yes i know the Big 12 CCG brings in money but I don't think it is nowhere near as the bowl money that the whole conference gets. Plus they also suck at basketball, i mean is there any sport Baylor has won in the Big 12?

Baylor needs to go!!!

If you know MY feelings about the Big 12, we can add 3 other Texas teams to that as well......

Baylor needs to go!!!

If you know MY feelings about the Big 12, we can add 3 other Texas teams to that as well......

Yes i do know your feelings of reading some of your posts. Baylor is just dead weight hanging on and we need to cut it off. Hell, at least replace Baylor with another team. I'm sure a TCU, Louisiana Tech or some other team would love to come to the Big 12. At least those teams have been to bowls. lol.

No one needs to be kicked out that is just silly. You never know if Baylor down the road somehow manages to make some noise, I never thought a team like a Rutgers would ever do anything but they did. The right coach and the right time could do some things at Baylor. The Big 12 does not suffer some sort of image problem, teams like Texas and Oklahoma have played in and won national titles while representing the Big 12 in recent years. Every conference has its Baylor, Stanford, and Vanderbilt.......

Baylor needs to go!!!

I would say that Nebraska was the biggest dead weight this year.

Yes i do know your feelings of reading some of your posts. Baylor is just dead weight hanging on and we need to cut it off. Hell, at least replace Baylor with another team. I'm sure a TCU, Louisiana Tech or some other team would love to come to the Big 12. At least those teams have been to bowls. lol.

No one needs to be kicked out that is just silly. You never know if Baylor down the road somehow manages to make some noise, I never thought a team like a Rutgers would ever do anything but they did. The right coach and the right time could do some things at Baylor. The Big 12 does not suffer some sort of image problem, teams like Texas and Oklahoma have played in and won national titles while representing the Big 12 in recent years. Every conference has its Baylor, Stanford, and Vanderbilt.......

Well you also forget that Rutgers has a whole state to recruit and pretty much started football. Texas is pretty much longhorn country with Aggies coming in a very distant 2nd. Vanderbilt has recently been to bowl game/games. But i think a lot of them give them a pass because they play in the SEC and they are in Tennessee. Stanford hasn't always been bad when ty willingham was there they were good. Plus Jim Harbaugh is gonna turn them around if he stays long enough. Baylor has only been to 3 bowl games. There is a difference between being a team that is at the bottom and every once in a while have a good season than a team that is always at the bottom. Look Iowa State they had decent recent years and actually been to a couple of bowl games. While the Big 12 doesn't suffer from an image problem there is no reason why the Big 12 couldn't get stronger. If Baylor had more consistent clost to .500 seasons that is different but when they wildly have a close .500 season and then tank the next season that's not improvment.

I'm sure they would kick an entire university out of a conference because their football team isn't up to par :hmmph

From wiki:

Baylor has won two NCAA titles. In 2004, the men's tennis team defeated UCLA in the championship game. In 2005, the Baylor Lady Bears basketball team beat Michigan State in the championship game.

Yes and those programs are bringing in the sacagewea's right?

Nicely said BB. I agree.