Great Interview on 1620's Unsportsmanlike Conduct

sarge87

http://1620thezone.com/episode_download.ph...ntentId=1167267

Four former Husker I-Back greats: I.M. Hipp (77'-79'), Keith "End Zone" Jones (84'-87'), Damon Benning (93'-96'), and Corey Ross (02'-05'), make up a discussion round table interview. They discuss tradition, leadership, and what it's like to carry the banner for former Husker players that came before them.

This is why we need former players talking to current players, instead of shutting them out. It's too bad, maybe Purify and Mc Keon would have understood the privilege starting at Nebraska was, instead of it being about them. This isn't a knock on either one of them, because the former "Higher Ups" thought it necessary to erase all that came before them.

This is a really good interview.

post-4426-1197482513.jpg

Four former Husker I-Back greats: I.M. Hipp (77'-79'), Keith "End Zone" Jones (84'-87'), Damon Benning (93'-96'), and Corey Ross (02'-05'), make up a discussion round table interview. They discuss tradition, leadership, and what it's like to carry the banner for former Husker players that came before them.

This is why we need former players talking to current players, instead of shutting them out. It's too bad, maybe Purify and Mc Keon would have understood the privilege starting at Nebraska was, instead of it being about them. This isn't a knock on either one of them, because the former "Higher Ups" thought it necessary to erase all that came before them.

Thanks, living out of state its hard to keep up with stuff like this.

post-4426-1197482513.jpg

Felt bad for Corey Ross since the only good compettion name he could come up with was Dahrran Diedrick. It shows how far down the running back position has fallen in the last 7 years. Most of the backups of those guys at the round table on 1620 would have been starters now.

post-4426-1197482513.jpg

Felt bad for Corey Ross since the only good compettion name he could come up with was Dahrran Diedrick. It shows how far down the running back position has fallen in the last 7 years. Most of the backups of those guys at the round table on 1620 would have been starters now.

Damon Benning was a backup primarily his entire career at Nebraska. Back in the day when we were rolling over people, a lot of the RB's were from right here in Nebraska. Calvin Jones, Clinton Childs, Ahman, Sims, etc. Also, David Horne was supposed to be the next up and coming back then but just didn't pan out. Plus, Evans caught the panzy bug during the slump as well. I think we're in pretty good shape at RB though right now.