Givens and Williams Not coming to NU

teddyb

Its all over rivals Nebaraska not on list of williams or givens anymore.

As much as it sucks I kind of had a feeling that Givens was going to stay at home. Especially how sCUm turned things around this year. Oh well we all knew that once the old coaching staff was out the door many of their recruits would go somewhere else.

Yea your right, but it doesn't make it any easier.

I don't get it, these kids must watch CFB, I personally would be WAY more excited to play for this new staff then the old.

Its all over rivals Nebaraska not on list of williams or givens anymore.

As much as it sucks I kind of had a feeling that Givens was going to stay at home. Especially how sCUm turned things around this year. Oh well we all knew that once the old coaching staff was out the door many of their recruits would go somewhere else.

Yea your right, but it doesn't make it any easier.

I don't get it, these kids must watch CFB, I personally would be WAY more excited to play for this new staff then the old.

I would too. But compared to programs that have been winning or compared to programs further into the rebuilding process than Nu (like CU, who I anticipate will be a strong candidate for winning the north next year and a team several years ahead of NU in the rebuilding process), probably not. I'd expect CU to be competitive as early as next year and with NU three years or more may be more reasonable.

Our fans seem to forget too easily that NU is on par with programs like Minnesota, Iowa, Mississippi, Washington, Washington State, and lower-mid level programs across the country and NU is at rock bottom right now, losing 6 of the last 7 games -- many in blowouts. We have a first time coach and a bunch of unknown assistants. No, right now the reality is that until NU does something on the field, recruits will likely look elsewhere. The Huskers really need to be bowl eligible next year --- that will be the first step toward at least attracting some recruits. This year, expect a closing class very much like the classes at... well Mississippi, Washington, etc.