1001 albums you must hear before you die

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

No Supremes, no 4 Tops, no Animals, no Leon Russell, no Joe Cocker, no Rick Nelson.

Give me a break.

>>>T_O_B

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

You mean Rick Nielsen from Cheap Trick? or Ozzy and Harriets little Boy?..(I thought he was a one hitter)

THey also ommitted Earth/Wind/Fire and Commodores or Ramones-"Rocket to Russia (Favs of mine in HS)..At least they got a few Marvin Gaye and Bob Marley/Wailers.

If you want to make it easier to search for a particular album to see if it made their list, they also have a thread on it at search ...You can do a keyword search, and if it shows a thread titled "Someone got me a Book"...Click on it and the ~16th post (By Irish Mike) has the list and your title will be highlited in Orange.

Wow..Chris Cornell is one of my Fav. living voices left in music..Got a watch on DogTemple CD on Ebay, now.

It wasnt that long ago I got a copy at a best buy. It is relegated to Ebay now?

I've pre-ordered on ebay before.

Seems like I've heard all the songs on at least 3 local stations over the years (EDIT: debut 1991)...Not as much airplay anymore..(But KSLX still plays Jethro Tull's "Aqualung" every friggen day)..And KDKB same with Bette Davis..er..I mean Ozzy Osborn doing a gravytrain? dogfood song/commercial.

This was from Chris' concert on MSN I saw a few (5?) months ago...

5Pt03oU6RHI

Watch Concert (Live at the Fenix)

The first albums I'd replace . . . and we're talking like CRISIS level stuff if these were to go missing:

Model Engine - The Lean Years Tradition (then again, I may just complement the thief on his excellent taste)

Lifehouse - selftitled

Lifehouse - Who We Are

He Is Legend - I Am Hollywood

Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3

Pink Floyd - Animals

Muse - Absolution

Def Leppard - Slang

Brave Saint Saturn - The Light of Things Hopes For

Wow..I've only heard of Three of those artists..And only currently have "Animals" by PF from your list, but the 1st Floyd album I'd replace would be the "Live Wall/Japan"..

I freakin' love Pink Floyd . . . Animals in particular. Dogs is worth the cost of the whole CD (but at 17 minutes long, it ought to be :P).

And the few Coheed tracks I've heard after referal from this board, left me feeling unfulfilled ...Like listening to Yes without Jon Anderson's unique (spooky) voice.

Coheed is one of my most favorite bands ever . . . and they've got a pretty broad body of work. The biggest hurdle for me was getting used to the vocal, though on their newest album, No World For Tomorrow, the vocals are actually quite good.

Hard rock/metal stuff:

Welcome Home (the song I bring up in every "CHANGE TEH TUNN3L WALK!!1" thread :P)

No World For Tomorrow

Gravemakers and Gunslingers

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3

Time Consumer

Progressive-type stuff (aka, a lot of songs that start with the word "the"):

The Willing Well II: Fear Through the Eyes of Madness

The Willing Well IV: The Final Cut

The Light and the Glass

21:13

The Crowing

The End Complete III: The End Complete (redundancy FTW)

The End Complete V: On the Brink

Poppier-radio stuff:

Feathers

The Suffering

The End Complete II: Radio Bye Bye

The Camper Velourium I: Faint of Hearts

Blood Red Summer

A Favor House Atlantic

Coheed songs no one should ever listen to ever:

Hearshot Kid Disaster

The Lying Lies and Dirty Secrets of Miss Erica Court

The Willing Well I: Fuel for the Feeding End