time to honor Solich?

np_husker

I'll always be thankful of Frank for putting so much of his life into NU Football, but having said that he took arguably the best college football dynasty in history and in 5 years made them a 16-12 football team.

Not the credentials of a great coach.

I don't understand how you got 16-12. 7-7 (2002) 10-3 (2003) = 17-10

Last 2 games of 01 - 0-2

2002 7-7

2003 9-3

Add that together, 16-12. It isn't slander to say Solich's winning percentage in his last 28 games was damn near the same as Callahan's(57% compared to 55%).

lol thats reaching there (lets not count the wins but the loses and not mention that the one loss was to possibly the second best college football team ever.) I read it as one 7-7 year and the rest 9 wins or more. Do you really think Nebraska loses the bowl game if Solich coaches instead of Pelini?

Solich's last 28 games yielded a record of 16-12. Fact. There is no need to argue with it, so why bother? Seems pointless. Unless this is your hobby. dedhoarse

Then let's not argue his last year was 9-3 on the way to 10-3 if not fired. I don't think we should honor him but I sure don't believe that what happened the last four years is anyway his fault.

I'll always be thankful of Frank for putting so much of his life into NU Football, but having said that he took arguably the best college football dynasty in history and in 5 years made them a 16-12 football team.

Last 2 games of 01 - 0-2

2002 7-7

2003 9-3

Add that together, 16-12. It isn't slander to say Solich's winning percentage in his last 28 games was damn near the same as Callahan's(57% compared to 55%).

lol thats reaching there (lets not count the wins but the loses and not mention that the one loss was to possibly the second best college football team ever.) I read it as one 7-7 year and the rest 9 wins or more. Do you really think Nebraska loses the bowl game if Solich coaches instead of Pelini?

Solich's last 28 games yielded a record of 16-12. Fact. There is no need to argue with it, so why bother? Seems pointless. Unless this is your hobby. dedhoarse

and someone could easily pull up 3's that would make him look great. lets not forget TO inherited a program that was nearly as good, and didnt do much better....... and then lets remember the hes T FREAKING O. one of the greatest of all time. if you are near his level you are doing pretty ood

Last 2 games of 01 - 0-2

2002 7-7

2003 9-3

Then let's not argue his last year was 9-3 on the way to 10-3 if not fired. I don't think we should honor him but I sure don't believe that what happened the last four years is anyway his fault.

I think you are missing the point. The point is that his last 28 games, he had a record of 16-12. It is taking nothing away from what he did for 30 some odd years at the university. This is a fact, there should be no debate or room for debate. No one is saying he did or did not have things turned around. I never said the last 4 years were his fault. Want something to chew on or some fodder for debate? Guess what Callahan's record was in his last 28 games? 16-12.

Last 2 games of 01 - 0-2

2002 7-7

2003 9-3

and someone could easily pull up 3's that would make him look great. lets not forget TO inherited a program that was nearly as good, and didnt do much better....... and then lets remember the hes T FREAKING O. one of the greatest of all time. if you are near his level you are doing pretty ood

I think you are missing the point. The point is that his last 28 games, he had a record of 16-12. It is taking nothing away from what he did for 30 some odd years at the university. This is a fact, there should be no debate or room for debate. No one is saying he did or did not have things turned around. I never said the last 4 years were his fault. Want something to chew on or some fodder for debate? Guess what Callahan's record was in his last 28 games? 16-12.