JUCO: Compton (CA)

Compton Community College

Position: Defensive Tackle

Height: 6-foot-2

Weight: 295 pounds

40-yard dash: 4.88 seconds

Bench max: 465 pounds

Visit Date: 1/6/05

Scholarships offered: Arizona, Colorado, Colorado State, San Diego St., Louisiana-Laf., Marshall

Favorites: Nebraska, UCLA

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR/****

Insiders: NR/**

Odd of becomiong a Husker: 90% Grades have come into question. Doesn't matter what you sign, if you don't have the correct paperwork, you can't attend. Any additional info on this guy is appreciated.....Status: Signed Letter of Intent with Nebraska, 1/03/04

Notes: He has three years to play two seasons in college.

Earned first-team all-conference, first-team all-state and honorable mention all-American this past season.

Blake bascially called him out of left-field to request his tapes, and after viewing them was so impressed he offered Ola on the spot.

Apparently UCLA was his top choice, but they fell asleep at the wheel and lost out on this stud.

He didn't even want a visit before he signed, he was that confident and excited about being a Husker. However he will make a visit to Lincoln on Jan 6th.

Strengths: Very explosive off the ball with good feet. Strong, mature, should be able to contribute early in an area we need serious help.

More to come on Ola..

From what I've heard USC & Oregon have a much better shot at catching him on the rebound than we do. But I still think LSU is the clear cut frontrunner. Myers did waver after Saban left, but said that if Les Miles was hired he would still be very interested - well guess who was hired yesterday. To be honest this is probably nothing more than 1) A kid who is a bit uneasy with Saban leaving (but obviously wasnt a deal-breaker), and figures it wouldnt hurt to take a few more free trips, & 2) A recruiting service trying to stir stuff up to "earn their keep" & appear like they know more than everyone else, when really very little has changed.

Quotes from Myers in this article confirms what I alluded to yesterday - Kevin Myers is still very strong for LSU.

The news of Miles' hiring was a welcomed relief to Compton (Calif.) Community College offensive lineman Kevin Myers, one of LSU's 10 commitments.

The 6-foot-6, 360-pound Myers expressed concern after Saban's departure and considered switching his commitment to either USC or Oregon.

"I was sitting down when it popped on ESPN that coach Miles was the new coach at LSU," said Myers, who also made an official visit to Oklahoma State. "That meant I didn't have to make any hard decisions. I guess I was supposed to go to Louisiana and be a Tiger after all."

Half way down the page

• 2 weeks later...