LeKevin Smith

rawhide

I don't know if Smith is the run stuffer that a lot of pro teams are looking for in their DTs. He is going to have to work on freeing himself from lineman a bit more than he currently can.

A good coach will go along with with smith. Blake is suppose to be a god but I think he's only good at recruiting. Everywhere he's went his teams have sucked. He must not know how to coach.

The following is straight from Huskers.com

Lured by Jimmy Johnson to Dallas, Blake’s defensive front led the league in rush defense in 1994 as five players made the Pro Bowl during his three seasons. Blake's defensive line was considered part of one of the best defenses in the NFL during his three seasons. Dallas won two Super Bowls (1993 and 1995) during Blake’s term with the Cowboys, the first under Johnson and the second under Switzer. Dallas' 1994 defensive front led the league in rush defense and the entire unit was the NFL’s top-ranked defense and second in the NFL in sacks.

You're right, that guy has no idea what the hell he's doing. :wacko:

Today in the paper a former NFL guy said that it would be a huge mistake for him to go. I hope he stays we could use another body in the middle.

Peace

Of course it would be, he isn't that good. He wouldn't make a team

Funny, he was one of those "vaunted" 4 start recruits, one of the top DL's in the country.

I guess what the recruiting gurus project isnt always true.

He also hurt both knees playing pick up basketball games. That didn't help

Lured by Jimmy Johnson to Dallas, Blake’s defensive front led the league in rush defense in 1994 as five players made the Pro Bowl during his three seasons. Blake's defensive line was considered part of one of the best defenses in the NFL during his three seasons. Dallas won two Super Bowls (1993 and 1995) during Blake’s term with the Cowboys, the first under Johnson and the second under Switzer. Dallas' 1994 defensive front led the league in rush defense and the entire unit was the NFL’s top-ranked defense and second in the NFL in sacks.

Well DJR, it doesn't say the defense led the league in rush defense in 93 and 95, and they didn't win the SuperBowl in 94, so Blake's the biggest turd in the world!

We need to start a coalition to get rid of Blake because he's the most worthless coach on the face of the earth.

Well DJR, it doesn't say the defense led the league in rush defense in 93 and 95, and they didn't win the SuperBowl in 94, so Blake's the biggest turd in the world!

We need to start a coalition to get rid of Blake because he's the most worthless coach on the face of the earth.

In my best Shaq voice: "Excuse me?" I think the point was he was part of two Super Bowl staffs.

Gee, didnt the Cowboys win the SB in 1992, the year BEFORE blake was there? SO he got lucky enough to fall into a job, and got a team that was already stacked with ProBowl players, and he just had to ride the waves, kind of like cally did at Oakland (until he went 4-12) and the same thing you all accuse Solich of doing at NU.

Blake inherting a good team does not equate to him being a good coach.

Everywhere else he has been he has been a failure, NU included.

Gee, didnt the Cowboys win the SB in 1992, the year BEFORE blake was there? SO he got lucky enough to fall into a job, and got a team that was already stacked with ProBowl players, and he just had to ride the waves, kind of like cally did at Oakland (until he went 4-12) and the same thing you all accuse Solich of doing at NU.

Blake inherting a good team does not equate to him being a good coach.

Everywhere else he has been he has been a failure, NU included.

Just to add to my reply, that would be like saying that Craig Bohl was the greatest D-cord at NU because he was there when we won 3 NCs and played for another.

Ok, sorting through your garbage I find this: Blake wasn't a good coach and fell into a job and somehow motivated the players to play at the same high level for three more years. :lol: How is that when a coach has good talent and a good season that he "falls into a job", but if he has inferior talent and a bad season then he sucks and doesn't know what he is doing. The way you post makes it seem as if you won't give any member of the staff any credit due them at anytime, any place, under any circumstance.