Almost Immortal

Well, I cant find any reference to the failed conversion attempt as far as the time on the clock goes, but the prior play from the 24 yard line, Gill pitches to Jeff Smith for the TD at 56 seconds.

From the looks of the video highlight, it seems they set up and ran the play pretty quickly, so I would think the 2PAT after that would have gone off somewhere around the 30-40 Second mark. But again, I couldn't find a time stamp or anything like that on any of the video, or any references in any media.

I disagree with this one.

If we had made that conversion yes we would have won the national title, but it wouldn't be nearly as talked about as it is since we missed it.

The fact that we went for it and missed it, knowing that a tie would win the championship makes it far more immortal than if we had just taken the tie.

Saying that I don't know if theres a man alive that wouldn't trade that immortality for the title.

Do you mean that most men would have gone for the tie because having a mythical national chamionship was more important than taking the risk to win the game outright? Sorry, don't buy that. Didn't then, don't now. Go for a tie? Are you kidding me? Why would anyone in a sport do anything other than whatever it took to WIN the GAME? :dunno

If we had made the conversion like you said, it would still be talked about because we still risked it by going for 2. It would be immortal that we went for it, regardless of whether or not the conversion succeeded or not.

Yeah, immortal, but he was saying "more" immortal, which I agree with it. The only problem I have is that it isn't more immortal, it's immortaler.