This is why you dont listen to ESPN talking about Nebraska

MNBIGRED

Joined this board just today making my first post, and obviously everyone feels like I do... Season can't start soon enough! I was at that Fiesta Bowl in Tempe and it was the greatest experience of my life. I got to watch the best team of all time totally blow out the #2 team in the country at that time. No team can compare to that Husker team. It was a cakewalk. I remember multiple commentators saying, "I don't think this option attack can keep up with this fun and gun offense." I used to love when everyone would dog on Nebraska. It made it so much more pleasureful when we showed everyone up. Will we ever see anything like that again? Honestly, probably not. Not that level of dominance, but hopefully a few NC in the next 10 years!!!!

GBR

Ok I did my homework and here is the schedule for all three teams

01' MIAMI

Date

Team and home field advantage

Result

9/1/01

Penn St @ Penn State

33-7 Miami

9/8/01

Rutgers @ Miami

60-0 Miami

9/27/01

Pitt @ Pitt

43-21 Miami

10/6/01

Troy @ Miami

38-7 Miami

10/13/01

#14 FSU @ FSU

49-27 Miami

10/25/01

West Virginia @ Miami

45-3 Miami

11/3/01

Temple @ Miami

38-0 Miami

11/10/01

Boston College @ Boston College

18-7 Miami

11/17/01

#14 Syracuse @ Miami

59-0 Miami

11/24/01

#12 Washington @ Miami

65-7 Miami

12/1/01

#14 Virginia Tech @ Virginia Tech

26-24 Miami

1/3/02

#4 Nebraska @ Rose Bowl

37-14 Miami

[/size]

Overall I think that Miami had a descent schedule but IMO they only played 4 tough opponents. And every Nebraska fan should all agree that we shouldn't have played in the BCS National Championship. Miami was impressive against an alright Nebraska team but still isn't impressive in my book.

04 USC played tougher schedule and had a top 5 defense. 05 played weaker comp and had a #34 defense and that is why they lost to UT! 04 would not have given up 41 points to Texas, but would have put up 31 plus on UT.