NU vs. UC Riverside

I'm almost certain there is one. IIRC, it starts after the top of the 7th.

Edit: Yep, starts after the 7th.

In NCAA and NAIA college baseball, the game will end if a team is ahead by at least 10 runs after seven innings in a scheduled 9-inning game, or five innings in a scheduled 7-inning game.

Anyone know why the season opener vs. Stanford wasn't called early? It was 17-3 after 7 innings.

In NCAA and NAIA college baseball, the game will end if a team is ahead by at least 10 runs after seven innings in a scheduled 9-inning game, or five innings in a scheduled 7-inning game.

Anyone know why the season opener vs. Stanford wasn't called early? It was 17-3 after 7 innings.

I did a little more research and found this...

A mercy rule may be in use, which terminates play when one team is ahead by 10 or more runs after seven innings (6½ innings if the home team is winning). In games that are scheduled for seven innings the rule takes effect in the fifth. This rule is not used in NCAA tournament games. Several conferences institute this rule only on Sundays or the final day of a conference series, so that the visiting team can travel on time.

So that could be why...

A mercy rule may be in use, which terminates play when one team is ahead by 10 or more runs after seven innings (6½ innings if the home team is winning). In games that are scheduled for seven innings the rule takes effect in the fifth. This rule is not used in NCAA tournament games. Several conferences institute this rule only on Sundays or the final day of a conference series, so that the visiting team can travel on time.

So that could be why...

this is because this is conference to conference, not an NCAA rule... there is no 10 run mercy rule in college baseball unless its agreed upon by the teams before hand.. i know the big 12 has a mercy rule.. but i can't remember if its on sundays only or if its the whole time, with sundays being the no innings starting after 5 pm... but yea.. no mercy rule unless its stated by the conference, hence the non-conference games usually don't have them...

So that could be why...

this is because this is conference to conference, not an NCAA rule... there is no 10 run mercy rule in college baseball unless its agreed upon by the teams before hand.. i know the big 12 has a mercy rule.. but i can't remember if its on sundays only or if its the whole time, with sundays being the no innings starting after 5 pm... but yea.. no mercy rule unless its stated by the conference, hence the non-conference games usually don't have them...

That crossed my mind later after I had already shutdown my computer. Thanks for the clarification. :thumbs