Teamer still a Husker?

• 2 weeks later...

Teamer update

Teamer's status remains uncertain

BY STEVEN M. SIPPLE / Lincoln Journal Star

Brandon Chunkery (left) shows Huskers' Brandon Teamer where to sign his football during the 2003 Nebraska Football Photo Day in Memorial Stadium. (LJS file)

Brandon Teamer's uncertain status with the Nebraska football team should be resolved by early next week, Husker head coach Bill Callahan said Friday.

Teamer, a defensive tackle from Omaha, has not been participating in the Huskers' winter conditioning program, but is still attending classes at NU, Callahan said.

"I hope Brandon can resolve a couple of issues and come back," Callahan said. "He's really a good kid. I really like the kid. He's gone through some personal things, and I'm hoping he can rectify those and get back with us."

The 6-foot-5, 280-pound Teamer, playing a backup role last season, finished with 17 tackles, including two for losses. He added four quarterback hurries.

In 2003, as a true freshman, Teamer finished with 13 tackles after arriving at NU as a four-star prospect in Rivals.com's five-star rating system.

The Omaha Central graduate has battled injuries for much of his college career.

"I think he's really an outstanding player and can definitely help our team," Callahan said.