This pilot got grounded for this!!!!

That's nothing. Several years ago, a retiring AF General asked for a B-1 Flyby during his Change of Command Ceremony. He wanted the plane to be low and fast. Our B-1 crews went thru proper channels to get everything approved for a wings swept back, Mach .9, below 300ft flyby. We're talking "shittin' and gittin'". It was a standard acrobatic maneuver used for airshows, etc. Everything was approved and the General was briefed. Unfortunately, the higher-ups attending the Ceremony weren't briefed. Nor were the folks in formation. The folks in formation all ducked and flinched after the jet went by. At the end of the runway, they pulled back hard on the stick for a vertical climb. The higher-ups in attendance didn't like it. Our crews were almost grounded because of it despite the fact they had approval. The rest of our squadron however, was on top of the hangar during the flyby. Most impressive damn thing I've seen!

We have a picture around here somewhere. I'll have to see if I can get it scanned into the computer.

Sometimes the higher ups lack reasonable common sense or ANY common sense for that matter.

That's nothing. Several years ago, a retiring AF General asked for a B-1 Flyby during his Change of Command Ceremony. He wanted the plane to be low and fast. Our B-1 crews went thru proper channels to get everything approved for a wings swept back, Mach .9, below 300ft flyby. We're talking "shittin' and gittin'". It was a standard acrobatic maneuver used for airshows, etc. Everything was approved and the General was briefed. Unfortunately, the higher-ups attending the Ceremony weren't briefed. Nor were the folks in formation. The folks in formation all ducked and flinched after the jet went by. At the end of the runway, they pulled back hard on the stick for a vertical climb. The higher-ups in attendance didn't like it. Our crews were almost grounded because of it despite the fact they had approval. The rest of our squadron however, was on top of the hangar during the flyby. Most impressive damn thing I've seen!

We have a picture around here somewhere. I'll have to see if I can get it scanned into the computer.

Sometimes the higher ups lack reasonable common sense or ANY common sense for that matter.

Yeah, if you can find that picture scan it and let us see it that would be awesome!