CB/WR Zachary Bowman

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

Tremendous top end speed. Has great recovery speed when beat. Good solid hitter who can contribute on the run. Has a tendency to bait receivers to try and make the big play, but can be an absolute lock down corner that can shut down his side of the field when he on his game. He is a firm believer in commiment and honoring one's word, and has shown great academic improvement since high school. He is not very vocal, but leads by example.

2) Rank his importance to the Huskers 1-10 (10 the most important).

10 due to the lack of secondary depth and his ability to contribute right away.

3) Will he contribute right away? In what capacity?

will start right away and possibly be good enough to leave for the NFL as early as after next year

4) Who does this player most remind you of?

tough one, I would say a less cocky better hitting deion, but as of yet umproven.

5) Where do you see this player in 2009?

top ten draft pick playing for some NFL team

• 2 months later...

This guys is just awesome. I loved reading his article in "Houndin' the Huskers" on http://www.coachcallahan.com/

He just seems to mature and focused, and confident. I love his response about why he came here: "The people. They treat you like family and try to do everything they can to make you feel at home, within NCAA regulations."

I hope he gets a few plays at WR this year. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the field for every play!

This guys is just awesome. I loved reading his article in "Houndin' the Huskers" on http://www.coachcallahan.com/

He just seems to mature and focused, and confident. I love his response about why he came here: "The people. They treat you like family and try to do everything they can to make you feel at home, within NCAA regulations."

I hope he gets a few plays at WR this year. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the field for every play!

Plain and simple, he'll be the best player on the field for NU. Hands down, most physically gifted player to set field in Memorial Stadium and quite a while.

This guys is just awesome.  I loved reading his article in "Houndin' the Huskers" on http://www.coachcallahan.com/   

He just seems to mature and focused, and confident.  I love his response about why he came here:  "The people.  They treat you like family and try to do everything they can to make you feel at home, within NCAA regulations."

I hope he gets a few plays at WR this year.  I wouldn't mind seeing him on the field for every play!

Plain and simple, he'll be the best player on the field for NU. Hands down, most physically gifted player to set field in Memorial Stadium and quite a while.

How do you know? you seen him in action kman?